VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, I'm have find in internet a guide "how to incorporate a .srt into a mkv" and i found the software mkvtoolnix-gui.exe. But i view that haven't the setting for change the size of the .srt. I want to change the font size because my tv have make small font for the subtitles. When i use .avi i use the software AVIAddXSub and it have the options for change the size. But the mkvtoolnix-gui.exe dont have this options. What i should do ?

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The player decides what font and size to use when using SRT subs. If your TV doesn't have controls for that you'll have to use a different subtitle format.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, the tv can play srt files but cant change the size . The size is too small for me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have view many softwares: with Freemake Video Converter can change the size but i dont find the options for change the language. I want to use CYRILLIC or RUSSIAN but it dont have this options. With mkvtoolnix-gui.exe i can use WINDOWS-1251 i find a solution for the charset buit cant change the size.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If your TV supports .ASS format you can use that and define the font size. Or you can hardcode them. I don't know if Freemake Video Converter can do this else there is Xmedia Recode or mux them into the video file with MKVToolnix and use Handbrake or Videcoder.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Some software players support the html font size tag for individual characters/words/lines in SRT file. But it's not likely your TV will.

Code:
    00:00:01,000 --> 00:00:03,000
    This is the default size.
    <font size="30px" color="yellow">A big yellow font.</font>

00:00:4,000 --> 00:00:6,000
    <font size="30px" color="red">A big red font.</font>
    Back to the default.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I solve the problem with apowersoft mkv converter.
    -When you open the program you must select the file. For do this select "Add File" is present in two parts in the program.

-After you must add the .srt and for do this select the botton for "add subtitles".

-But for edit the subtitles you must select another botton the "edit" botton.

-In this window select tab "subtitles".

-In this case select the tab for edit "font options"

-Here you can edit the dimension. I for my TV select "36".

-For complete the work click "ok".

-Finally, you must create the .mkv. Click on "Profile" and then click on "mkv" and select "same as source" or similar.

-After select "the destination" and press "convert"
    Quote Quote