VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone, I had a firefox session where there were a lot of importants pages, but last Saturday, my computer or firefox itself had a problem and my page
    just shut down on its own.
    When I opened firefox after this, there was no button "restore your session" and it just showed me a normal page. My session was gone.

English isn't my first language so maybe I don't express myself well enough and I admit that I really suck at data processing so if you can detail your answers
    it could really help me a lot (thanks).

I searched some solutions and I came across things about ".js" or ".bak" files, sessionstore etc but I don't know what I'm suppose to do with them.
    I am this close of breaking my computer after so much time that I've passed to find a solution, without result.

I'm really in a rush because I suppose that the more time goes, the more there is less a chance that I can find my session. I know it's probably in vain, but I still try.

I really need your help, please. Thanks for reading.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    did you try clicking the history button or restore previous session ??
    just click the open menu button in the upper right corner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for my late.

Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try clicking the history button or restore previous session ??
    just click the open menu button in the upper right corner.
    No, there were too much pages, I can't remember all of them so it would have been impossible to find them one by one in the history.
    And the "restore previous session" didn't worked.

Last week I finally found somekind of solution, thanks to someone on the net. I opened a firefox page, then I open "about: support" and "sessionrestore-backups".
    I clicked on sessionstore and in proprieties, I saw that it's possible to restore the file into some previous dates, unfortunately I had only the choice of March 31.

That means that I found some of the pages that I wanted, but not all. It's better that nothing, of course.
    Last edited by WazaKrash; 22nd Apr 2018 at 07:22.
    Quote Quote  
  4. MOST LIKELY A FIREFOX CRASH that CAUSED your PROFILE TO GO CORRUPT..

Next time:
    You should either bookmark your important pages or use an addon like ONETAB to save the links in a text files...
    That way when things like this happen in the future, you are prepared
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the addon, @teodz1984.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try a Restore Point. System Restore?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Firefox crashed twice on me today.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Jollyjohn, yeah I tried it, it didn't work. When I opened firefox after the restore point, it didn't show my session.

If you're like me and that sometimes you let importants research on your firefox session, use an addon like @teodz1984 said.
    Because I don't know why but since the Quantum upgrade, the firefox "recover session"/memory really have problems, and apparently I'm not the only one who have that.
    Moreover it happen very often, last week I had two tabs in my session, one was a search about weather, the second about a laptop, after some time I shut down the session. Some hours later I re-open firefox and it still show me 2 tabs, but one was about weather and the other was an old search that I've made about a movie... The automatic recover session is aleatory...

I'm sure that before Quantum, my old firefox never had a session memory problem, or at least it was rare.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You should either bookmark your important pages or use an addon like ONETAB to save the links in a text files...
    That way when things like this happen in the future, you are prepared
    Better yet : regularly backup the whole Firefox profile(s). Or configure an automatic incremental backup of the system partition (with a reputed software like Acronis True Image or Macrium Reflect), which will include the Firefox folders. If things go awry, just restore the profile from the backup to recover all the tabs. Profiles are usually located here (Windows 7+) :
    C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem with Firefox crashes if you restart it and have lost your tabs the backups-restores are overwritten either when you open or when you close it again. I've had it happen and the best I could do is (as was suggested) look at the history and retrieve as many as I could recall.

As far as frequent crashes look at your add-ons. I had installed one called Video downloader professional (it has a green down arrow icon). I kept getting crashes every once in a while when I wasn't downloading anything so I ran Malwarebytes and it saw it as a pup.... whatever... in the profile file. Maybe it's innocent I don't really know but I had to remove it and the crashes have ended. Too bad because it found videos other downloaders didn't find.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote