VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I am looking to convert a 4K disc to a Blu-ray BD50 disc while retaining all of the menus and extras on the disc as well. Basically I am wanting to do a 1:1 copy of the 4K disc, downscale the main movie to 1080 and remux back into the disc structure so that I can burn to a BD50 so I can play it in my Blu-ray player. From my understanding, BD Rebuilder could do this but I only found guides converting regular BD50 to BD25. I couldn’t find any guides on the site that covered this specific issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jphfanedits View Post
    So I am looking to convert a 4K disc to a Blu-ray BD50 disc while retaining all of the menus and extras on the disc as well. Basically I am wanting to do a 1:1 copy of the 4K disc, downscale the main movie to 1080 and remux back into the disc structure so that I can burn to a BD50 so I can play it in my Blu-ray player. From my understanding, BD Rebuilder could do this but I only found guides converting regular BD50 to BD25. I couldn’t find any guides on the site that covered this specific issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    I don't think there is a way to do what you are describing.

UHD Blu-ray uses H.265 video exclusively. Regular Blu-ray uses H.264 video, MPEG-2, or VC1 video, and has no support for H.265. So, to get a disc that is playable on a regular Blu-ray player, you will need to re-size UHD resolution video to 1080p and convert it for compatibility with the Blu-ray spec.

Blu-ray doesn't accept UHD resolution menus or subtitles either. You will also need to downscale your subtitles to full HD resolution. Since I don't think there is a way to easily convert UHD Blu-ray menus to full HD resolution, you will need to create new menus. The last step will be to re-author your converted video and re-sized subtitles with the new menus as a Blu-ray disc before burning the Blu-ray to BD-R or BD-R DL media.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-to-blu-ray-converter.htm? You might try this program, not free but there is a trial period but not sure of any limitations.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As I recall, DVDFab UHD to Blu-ray Converter re-sizes and converts video to meet the Blu-ray spec and re-authors the new video and original audio to create a valid Blu-ray disc. However, it doesn't preserve the original navigation menus. It does allow users to create their own custom menus. I am not sure what DVDFab UHD to Blu-ray Converter does with regard to the subtitles from the original UHD Blu-ray.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Of course the other problem that might arise is if the original disc has Cinavia protection on it, if you attempt to play the copy from disc in a DVD/Blu ray standalone player Cinavia will activate and stop playback after 20 minutes
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    As my question is very similar to this one, I prefer to continue this thread instead of creating a new one. I have been trying to reduce a UHD Disc structure I already have in my computer to a BD66 structure, keeping menus and just reducing quality. Both original and copy are 2160p videos. I use DVDFab to this, but when I burn the new structure into a physical disc, and I play it with my UHD player on my TV, I see all the menus, but when I enter the movie, I just listen to the voices, but there is no image to be seen. The original structure doesn't have any protection, and I have been using both DVDFab 10 and 11. Should I use DVDFab 12 instead or is there anything I'm missing?

Best regards!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I think CloneBD can do this. At least mine will allow me to compress a UHD file into a BD66/BD50/BD25. But I think the disc will still be in HDR won't it? I don't know if this program correctly maps the color for SDR if you compress to a BD50 or BD25. Give it a try, I know they have a 21-day free trial of the software. You will also need AnyDVD HD to be able to decrypt the disc first. And your drive must also be able to read 4K discs. Most cannot unless you have a specific drive and downgrade the firmware.
    Quote Quote