VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What do you use to author your DVD's ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. currently using dvd lab moved up from spruce seems very good will let you know more as i get into it
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ulead worshop and moviefactory here
    If it's wet, drink it

My DVD Collection
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hardcoreruss
    Ulead worshop and moviefactory here
    The 2 worst programs ever?
    My AVI -> Any Format Guide is available here.
    My Frame Resize Calculator (enhanced for Virtualdub) is available here
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sonic DVD Architect
    Excellent software, easy to use.
    Motion menus are just amazing with this software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lukebest88
    Sonic DVD Architect
    Motion menus are just amazing with this software.
    DVDLab
    All menus are just amazing with this software.

My AVI -> Any Format Guide is available here.
    My Frame Resize Calculator (enhanced for Virtualdub) is available here
    Quote Quote  
  6. For video editors:

Vegas Video 4 + DVD Architect (includes AC3 encoding)
    Pinnacle Edition 5.1 (fully integrated DVD authoring)

Easy & budget for video editing:
    Pinnacle Studio 8 (fully integrated DVD authoring)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Anyone tried Adobe Encore yet.

I have used the Ulead Products and are good but I need more flexibility. I use Adobe Premiere 6.0 and will upgrade to Premiere Pro shortly so I might as well purchase the Adobe Video Collection $800 (which includes Premiere Pro, After Effect 6.0, Encore and Audition) for a bit more.

This can take me from DV-AVI tream to DVD with one package.

Any reviews?
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't--you'r right. Henry Ford.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great thread. Interesting comments.

DVD-Lab gets my vote.
    It does everything I need it to and it is easy to use but with the ability to do "harder stuff". The author, also seems to be adding a lot of new features.

I used to use SpruceUp because I could not find anything else that could handle AC3 audio. SpruceUp is easy to use but it DOES NOT HANDLE 16:9 output (see help file). It also returns to the wrong menu when you press menu on the DVD player.

As we all will be getting Widescreen TV's I think that SpruceUp has had its day.

Seems to me that DVDMaestro is the best from all the comments but what good is it voting on a product that cannot be downloaded.[/b]
    Quote Quote  
  9. About the Poll. How am I supposed to tick Pinnacle Studio 8 as my Authoring Software?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I startewd out using DVDComplete as that is what came with my hardware whren I first got a Dazzle(my mistake). It works OK as long as you don't want to do anything cutstom.

I've since switched to DVD-Lab and have not looked back since.
    Quote Quote  
  11. For video editors:

Vegas Video 4 + DVD Architect (includes AC3 encoding)
    Pinnacle Edition 5.1 (fully integrated DVD authoring)

Easy & budget for video editing:
    Pinnacle Studio 8 (fully integrated DVD authoring)
    Just wanted to update that. Pinnacle is just about to release Pinnacle Liquid Edition 5.5 (formerly Edition 5.1), and I've heard rumors that Studio 9 will be released within a couple months. These are great, and have truely integrated editing and authoring for those people that like to do editing. Studio 9 easier to use, Liquid Edition 5.5 lots of power. Some of the other packages that are said to be integrated, such as Sonic Foundry V+DVDA and Adobe Video Collection are not truly integrated.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by JasonK
    Studio 9 easier to use...
    I hope that that is not true. Pinnacle Studio version 8 is easy enough and make it easier would mean striped down functionality.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Don Pedro,

I don't mean it's easier to use than Studio 8, I mean it's easier to use than the other Pinnacle product mentioned... Edition, which is on the low end of the professional apps.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently used DVDLab for a project, and it did everything I needed reliably and quickly. The main thing is converting all of your video into the proper format. I used Tmpcenc(whatever it's called) to .mpa, .mpv files, and everything worked perfectly. I haven't tried any other authoring programs, but I don't think I'll need to. You can't beat it for the price. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  15. I use DVD-LAB this program does it all (Motion Menu's, Full control of your project!) This program is awesome. and they just came out with a updated version 1.3 that makes it even easier. This program can be used for newbies or pro's, its got it all.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I used to use DVD Complete exclusively... I liked the way I could layout my menus in that, as well as the integrated label/jacket creation. Now that Pinnacle bought them out and their products and CS are crap in my experience, I've moved over to DVDit. Even if the pre-made menu templates are cartoony, at least you can create some decent custom ones right within the program, which DVDComplete never did.
    ============

Joss Whedon's Serenity coming to theaters April 22, 2005

Serenity Movie Site
    Quote Quote  
  17. I dont know why people say that scenarist is too expensive. I found it free on the net. Its a fine package

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Craig Tucker

Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by psm112
    I dont know why people say that scenarist is too expensive. I found it free on the net. Its a fine package
    I would suggest you read the rules before you post again
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Maestro and yes it is a legit copy that my compant brought about 4yrs ago it sat there gathering dust untill I found it.Best authoring app ever.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone tried DVD-lab??
    I hear it is very flexible and powerful, yet only $80.
    I plan to begin the trial tonight.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing but the best for me.

DVD-Lab from Mediachance. Of course as the author says:

"I think that most of the consumer DVD authoring tools really underestimate users by holding their hands tight while guiding them through the DVD authoring process. In world where I live pre-school boys and girls don't buy DVD burners nor produce DVD movies (yet), they are busy with other things (Fishers Price Little People anybody?). So my question is: Why most of the DVD authoring software tries to appeal to them so badly?"
    --
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  22. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You left out the best of the lot...

DVD-LAB more power, more flexibility, more creativity than the competition.
    --
    Will
    Quote Quote