Oh yeah. d'oh. (sorry)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, manono wrote an excellent guide too:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic313743.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by c627627
    I guess you also confirmed that single PGC is the way to go for making edited physical DVDs.
    Welcome to p.5 .
    Not necessarily, in case playback order and physical block order coincide, playback is seamless and navigation can be organized either way. In your case single PGC is natural since you don't want any special tricks like juke boxes, etc. In many commercial music DVDs you can find multiple PGCs (even an individual PGC for each music number of a tiltle) for special playback features. In case we discussed block order and playback order were different and editing just navigation commands resulted in delay due to finite seek time for distant cells.
    As for motion menu editing. Of course you can replace it using 'replace block' if you have an edited menu (you'll have to demux and re-encode motion background as described by manono in his excellent manual, alternatively author a new menu e.g. in TDA2-3, using the old motion background and overlays for text buttons, this solves text sub-picture editing problem). After replacement you assign button commands and edit CLUT (or import the old one from file).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I see. So it was incorrect when it was said that multiple PGCs can cause compatibility problems more so than single PGC discs?

Thanks for all your help Alex_ander, I think I figured out a lot of things and learned a lot.
    Quote Quote