VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone! I have a Big Balance Husky HY3M 3 axis handheld gimbal. I don't have the battery charger that came with the unit.

Please direct me to the appropriate forum; so I can ask where I can purchase one, or have someone provide information to purchase an alternate unit.

The battery charger is for an 800mAh, 11.1volt LiPo battery.

At the very least if I could locate someone who has the same unit to take a picture of the charger with the id plate information; I may have a chance to locate a replacement.

Thanks in advance!!

Dannyman
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Sum_Guy

Already attempted that route. They sell the complete unit and spare batteries only. I have emailed the manufacturer and am not optimistic about response.

Hence my question to you all.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's another idea for you, simply make one. The gimbals battery is rated 800 m/amp hr, A usb charger should work, a cell phone charger could work. It could be time to go outside the box and try a lifehack.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks sum_guy! We're both on the same page. I don't mind "going outside the box"; I do that all the time!

I have done some research and found that incorrect charging of this type of battery can have catastrophic results. This is my reasoning for asking if someone could provide a picture of the charger rating information so I can match an available charger locally.

Ideally I'd like to purchase the dedicated charger which would give me the proper connection. Unfortunately I cannot find a US supplier that carries the dedicated charger.

Hence my dilemma...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That type of battery pack (3 cell series LiPo) is commonly used in radio controlled models. If you can't find the exact charger, get a generic one from a hobby shop. They will be able to advise on a suitable unit if you show them what type of connector the battery has.

Mobile/USB chargers are usually intended for a 3.7 volt arrangement only and are not appropriate for this.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ajk View Post
    That type of battery pack (3 cell series LiPo) is commonly used in radio controlled models. If you can't find the exact charger, get a generic one from a hobby shop. They will be able to advise on a suitable unit if you show them what type of connector the battery has.

Mobile/USB chargers are usually intended for a 3.7 volt arrangement only and are not appropriate for this.
    ajk;

this information is helpful and what I was hoping for.

Thank you!

Dan
    Quote Quote