VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have this Player/Recorder and have enjoyed its versatility until recently. The first thing that comes to mind to remedy the issue is a firmware upgrade. But it appears the firmware offered at the Lite On site is the original version that my unit already has. There also appears to be lots of links that google turns up when I search for DD-A100GX Firmware... some showing a release of 2008 and a couple released 2010. I am skeptical as to the validity of these firmwares and was wondering if someone more in the know is aware of which is the actual most current release. How will I know it is legit when I see it?

For example, I downloaded one that was listed on the site to be a 2008 version, it was a zip file containing only one file titled "LNQAU032.DA1"

This is the same size and filename as the firmware from the Official Lite On site which shows a release of 10-5-06.

Naturally I am confused. Bottom line... Does a newer firmware exist and if so which is the most recent? Links?

BTW, the issue is with DVDs I burned with TV show episodes AVI XviD. I've never had a problem with these in the past, but it has been a while since I used it to play XviD DVDs.... maybe I'm burning a newer version of XviD that the player is not stable with? My XviD DVDs from a few years back still play just fine in it.

Thanks for any help de mystifying this.

-Mike
    Last edited by perceptionist; 12th Feb 2011 at 03:49. Reason: added info
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind...
    Quote Quote