VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How do install windows 10 iso from my harddrive? I dont have a cd/usb drive. I tried to mount the 64bit iso file using daemon tools but i got this error.

[Attachment 35180 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you got the wrong version, download the 32bits iso .
    Quote Quote  
  3. My pc supports 64bit version but i'm not able to install it because of this error.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by x264 View Post
    My pc supports 64bit version but i'm not able to install it because of this error.
    The message is telling you that you can't do an in-place upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to a 64-bit version of Windows 10. To install Windows 10 64-bit on your system, you will need to do a clean install. Since this will delete everything on your current system drive, you will need to back up your current system drive, then manually copy your files and re-install your programs after installing Windows 10.

Mounting an ISO won't work. Since you do not have a DVD drive on the system you want to upgrade, you will have to put the ISO on a USB flash drive of sufficient capacity. To do that, use the media creation tool. You can get that by clicking "Download Tool Now" at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I dont have a cd/usb drive.
    Buy one. Seriously. Even a second-hand device + a cheap IDE/SATA-to-USB adapter should be sufficient.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I installed an old sony dvd rw dru-830a drive. I'm not able to mount the iso file onto this drive. When i click the iso file, it gets mounted onto the virtual drive.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed an old sony dvd rw dru-830a drive. I'm not able to mount the iso file onto this drive. When i click the iso file, it gets mounted onto the virtual drive.
    You cannot mount an ISO to a DVD drive. You need to burn the ISO onto a DVD, then run the installer from the dvd rw dru-830a drive. ImgBurn is free and can burn DVD ISOs to blank DVD media.

However, you have a much bigger problem. You cannot do an in-place upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to Windows 10 64-bit. It must be a clean install, and will erase everything currently stored on your system drive.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 10th Jan 2016 at 14:11. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to run the media creation tool and have a blank dvdr disc to burn to.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Arnold_Layne View Post
    You need to run the media creation tool and have a blank dvdr disc to burn to.
    Imgburn is a much better choice to burn the iso,no need to use media creation tool.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote