Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by Big Ry View Post
    AVerMedia would probably need to pay some kind of licensing fee for every one of the above types audio input that it records (with the possible exceptionof LPCM), so I think that there have to be some limitations on the types of audio input allowed.
    Got it. So does anything ever get recorded in LPCM, or is this 5.1 capture feature basically useless? lol
    I don't think the feature as implemented in the LG4K would be very useful to most of those who buy this card.

LPCM audio with up to 8 channels is allowed for DVD and LPCM audio with up to 9 channels (Max 27.648Mbit/s) is allowed for Blu-ray, but I think that anything other than stereo LPCM is uncommon for video discs because of total bitrate constraints. Some audio receivers can decode other audio formats to provide LPCM for output but I don't know how many channels are typically allowed since I don't have an audio receiver. Cable and satellite boxes can decode 5.1 channel AC3 audio but usually output it as 2-channel LPCM.

In this forum I've read about some ways to record 5.1 channel AC3 as 5.1 channel AC3 using certain sound cards or other capture devices but it can be tricky.
    I guess this is just too tricky. I feel like Im so close now though lol
    MSI Z390, i7-8700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2060 KO, AverMedia LG4k, HDFury Vertex˛, Sam 970 Pro (OS), multiple SSDs/HDDs, AOC 32" 4k
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, with your present setup, it looks like only 2 channels from a 5.1 channel audio source will actually be recorded using the LG4K. If that is what "records 5.1 channel audio" really means with respect to the LG4k, it is a misleading claim.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, with your present setup, it looks like only 2 channels from a 5.1 channel audio source will actually be recorded using the LG4K. If that is what "records 5.1 channel audio" really means with respect to the LG4k, it is a misleading claim.
    it certainly is. Makes you wonder why they even added this niche feature in the first place. Sure doesn't seem to be much of a market for it.
    MSI Z390, i7-8700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2060 KO, AverMedia LG4k, HDFury Vertex˛, Sam 970 Pro (OS), multiple SSDs/HDDs, AOC 32" 4k
    Quote Quote