VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi, I have four short pieces of video footage that are very compressed, they have no sound and are all the same length. I would like to convert them to vcd but the picture has to be quite small otherwise it just turns in to blocks. So instead of watching four small films one after another I was wondering if there was a way to put them side by side on the screeen at the same time, it would be great If I could get all four on in each corner of the screeen but just 2 next to each other would be great. Anyone got any idea if this can be done. I very much doubt theres freeware that can do this, maybe a free demo/trial programme? If not then I guess I'll have to reach into my pocket and buy a programme that can do it but is there one?

Any help gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks
    Stu
    Quote Quote  
  2. Take a look at Videomach from

http://www.gromada.com/VideoMach.html

I don't have it installed myself at the moment and can't remember the options to use.
    It can do as you want though and it's freeware - the 30 day expiry doesn't happen!!

Post again or email me if you need help using Videomach.

Martin.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  4. For a freeware solution, you can try using AviSynth. Use StackVertical and StackHorizontal functions. Download AviSynth from www.videotools.net
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, Avisynth is free and pretty easy to use.

Code:
    clip1=mpeg2source("I:\matrix\mpeg2dec2\matrix.d2v")
      \  .BicubicResize(160,128,0,0.5).AddBorders(8,8,8,8)
    clip2=avisource("I:\test\filename.avi")
    clip3=avisource("I:\scripts\filename.avs")
    clip4=directshowsource("I:\mpeg\test.mpg")
    v1=StackVertical(clip1,clip2)
    v2=StackVertical(clip3,clip4)
    StackHorizontal(v1,v2)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ulead Mediastudio Pro and I assume Adobe Premiere allow you to have up to 99 different videos on the screen in whatever size. With Mediastudio, using paths, you can have one move over another.

If you want to play with it there is a demo on the www.ulead.com site (only time crippled, not feature crippled to my knowledge).

This kind of work will be better when we all have HDTV.
    Panasonic DMR-ES45VS, keep those discs a burnin'
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guest
    WOW!! Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. I will get to work on this over the weekend and let you know how I got on, thanks again.

Stu
    Quote Quote  
  8. Guest
    Thank you all so much for your help, I managed to create the file I wanted to this morning and it looks great.

Cheers
    Stu
    Quote Quote