VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. RCA model Pro881HB, was working perfectly but then a bad tape got stuck inside. Pushing the eject button the head spins and it seems to be trying to eject the tape but then it just stops. Any advice on how to coax this tape out? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Quote Quote  
  2. you need to open the unit and manually turn the gear mechanism in order to eject the tape.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks so much. I've taken it apart (see pic) and carefully poked and prodded, but am not exactly sure where I would find that. Any thoughts? Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

[Attachment 64396 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Look for the plastic gear wheels. I can see a large white one under the tape. You need to manually get that to turn. There is a motor, try to turn that if it is accessible.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks so much for your tips - greatly appreciated! I'm pretty good at taking things apart and fixing them, but this one is turning out to be quite a challenge. I've taken it apart quite a bit and marked where the screws came from etc., but still having trouble accessing those gear wheels. I'll keep at it and hopefully will be able to report back with success...at some point! Thanks again for your help. Bob
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Those large white gears are the tape reels, They are part of the cassette not the camcorder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yeah I see that. The issue is even if I'm able to get the tape back in, I'm not sure the mechanism will eject the tape, but I'll keep trying. Thank you.
    Quote Quote