VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    is there a program which can detect this is on the movie and how can it be removed
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    CinDe is a free tool which detects Cinavia. See http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-releases-cinde-a-free-tool-to-detect-whether-a-mov...otected-78064/

I don't know what removal tool works best. Note that Cinavia removal often means the software replaces the audio with an alternative version which never included Cinavia to begin with.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, there isn't really any worthwhile removal. Instead of wasting time and money into any cinavia removal you're better off just buying a media player that doesn't have cinavia - basically any non-BluRay player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    CinDe is a free tool which detects Cinavia. See http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-releases-cinde-a-free-tool-to-detect-whether-a-mov...otected-78064/

I don't know what removal tool works best. Note that Cinavia removal often means the software replaces the audio with an alternative version which never included Cinavia to begin with.

that CinDe is only a 7 day trial thing. but need to know how to remove it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only way to bypass cinavia is to 1 - use an older bluray player
    That doesn't detect cinavia or 2 - put your movies on a media player of
    Some kind and play them that way. Media players are immune to cinavia.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    You were looking at the wrong download. CinDe is free to use: www.cinexhd2.com/?wpdmdl=1712

The seven day trial was for CinEx HD Utility, which is their tool for the removal of Cinavia. You won't find a free tool for this purpose.

Both DVDRanger and DVDFab have effective methods of getting rid of Cinavia, but they are probably both replacing sound tracks, rather than defeating the signal by processing your original files on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by loa909 View Post

that CinDe is only a 7 day trial thing. but need to know how to remove it
    Since it seems like you want free software. There is none. DVDRanger (CinEx HD), DVDFab (DVDFab CinaviaRemoval HD), and Redfox (CloneBD in conjunction with AnyDVD HD) all claim to have products that remove Cinavia, but all of them are paid, and all require using a Blu-ray ripper for commercially produced Blu-ray discs.

As mentioned earlier, it would be less trouble and maybe less expensive in the long run to play ripped movies using something other than a Blu-ray player or game console with Blu-ray playback capability.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th Aug 2016 at 12:28. Reason: correction
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not just used on Blu-Ray discs
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  9. CloneBD+AnyDVD will remove Cinavia although audio will be degraded (i.e. soundtrack is not replaced).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
    DVD players don't seem to be required to comply with Cinavia. Only Blu-ray players and game consoles able to play Blu-ray discs are Cinavia compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    is there a program which can detect this is on the movie and how can it be removed
    Simplest way to remove Cineavia is filter (lowpass) somewhere around 7kHz. Cinavia use pseduo-random phase modulation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    The only way to bypass cinavia is to 1 - use an older bluray player
    That doesn't detect cinavia or 2 - put your movies on a media player of
    Some kind and play them that way. Media players are immune to cinavia.
    when you say put movies on a media player of some kind do you mean a home dvd player or something, as its happening on a home dvd player not PC
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Simplest way to remove Cineavia is filter (lowpass) somewhere around 7kHz. Cinavia use pseduo-random phase modulation.
    I wont have a clue how to do all that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    CloneBD+AnyDVD will remove Cinavia although audio will be degraded (i.e. soundtrack is not replaced).
    cant the audio be enhanced than after
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    when you say put movies on a media player of some kind do you mean a home dvd player or something
    There's a huge market for media players without any optical drive (BluRay, DVD). They generally do not have cinavia because cinavia is only required for Bluray (so every new BluRay player has it).

Examples for media players without optical drive and without Cinavia: Amazon FireTV, Google Chromecast, Nvidia Shield, Dune, Popcornhour. There are also thousands of cheap no-name players from China. Many of them support the free and popular Kodi media center software.
    Last edited by sneaker; 26th Aug 2016 at 07:16.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used ClneBD to remove Cinavia and the sound quality was good
    Certainly acceptable. Purist make much to do about very little. Go to
    https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/clonebd.89/ and see what you think.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pepegot1 View Post
    where do i find CineBD also what does this mean btw check your pm
    Purist make much to do about very little.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    ^He's talking about the CloneBD + AnyDVD combination to remove Cinavia. It is an expensive choice, and produces sound that is much, much worse than can be had using the tool from DVDRanger or DVDFab.

I did a head to head comparison of the three solutions and there was no doubt which one did the worst...CloneDVD and AnyDVD just didn't measure up. You can see the comparison here, but it is less useful now that we have taken all the samples down.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The name of the product is actually CloneBD. In order to remove Cinavia, you must buy a subscription to AnyDVD HD as well as buy CloneBD. They are used together to remove Cinavia. Neither product will remove Cinavia alone, and they only work on Blu-ray discs. It will cost 83.30 EUR to buy Clone BD and a one-year subscription to AnyDVD HD in a bundle. Buy here https://www.redfox.bz/en/.

[Edit] The audio cannot be improved with further processing after the Cinavia watermark is removed.

PM = VideoHelp private messaging. Click on "Notifications" at the top of the page above this thread.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th Aug 2016 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The name of the product is actually CloneBD. In order to remove Cinavia, you must buy a subscription to AnyDVD HD as well as buy CloneBD. They are used together to remove Cinavia. Neither product will remove Cinavia alone, and they only work on Blu-ray discs. It will cost 83.30 EUR to buy Clone BD and a one-year subscription to AnyDVD HD in a bundle. Buy here https://www.redfox.bz/en/.

[Edit] The audio cannot be improved with further processing after the Cinavia watermark is removed.

PM = VideoHelp private messaging. Click on "Notifications" at the top of the page above this thread.
    you are misunderstanding my question in last post I know how to check a pm. I was reminding the person pepegot1 to check his pm from me

I also dont understand what he means by this thrase >>>>>> Purist make much to do about very little.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    He's saying the audio is degraded by Clone BD and AnyDVD, but not so much that it matters to him, or possibly many others.

I have to disagree entirely. And a direct comparison of the three programs will bear this out.

Not to say that I think it is a good idea to use any of them. You are much better off using a device that doesn't obey the Cinavia signal, for example, any streaming media player that doesn't have an optical drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD players don't seem to be required to comply with Cinavia. Only Blu-ray players and game consoles able to play Blu-ray discs are Cinavia compliant.
    I understand that, but the comments were indicating this was only a Blu-Ray disc issue. The protection itself is used on the audio track. And the protection is used on Blu-Ray and DVD discs, but only enforced on Blu-Ray players.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This seems totally weird as when i scanned a .avi for cinavia it said
    (= No Cinavia detected! =)
    yet after i converted the avi to dvd IE: vob files and I scanned the last vob file VTS_01_4.vob it says
    =( Cinavia detected! )=
    so cant CinDE detect cinavia on avi files or others or is it just after conversion to vob
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I understand that, but the comments were indicating this was only a Blu-Ray disc issue. The protection itself is used on the audio track. And the protection is used on Blu-Ray and DVD discs, but only enforced on Blu-Ray players.
    Yes, and Cinavia is used in films distributed to movie theaters as well.

However I don't know which Cinavia removal software (if any) removes it from non-Blu-ray sources. Redfox has stated their removal software only works for Blu-ray.

Another reason to just buy a media player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've not used anything to detect it, but I don't know that there would be any point to test video files. Unless I'm mistaken, it's only enforced during DVD/Blu-Ray disc playback on a Blu-Ray player. So testing/removing it from an mkv file, for example, shouldn't be necessary. Unless you are playing that file using a Blu-Ray player. In which case, the easiest solution, as noted above, is to not use the Blu-Ray player as the playback device.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, it's only enforced during DVD/Blu-Ray disc playback on a Blu-Ray player. So testing/removing it from an mkv file, for example, shouldn't be necessary.
    You are mistaken. The protection is also active when playing files like mkv or mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, it's only enforced during DVD/Blu-Ray disc playback on a Blu-Ray player. So testing/removing it from an mkv file, for example, shouldn't be necessary.
    You are mistaken. The protection is also active when playing files like mkv or mp4.
    This varies, player to player. Some will play mkv or mp4 files with Cinavia from the usb port with no issues.

Software players also vary in their detection. Some, like the old TMT6, would detect Cinavia in anything, and stop audio playback. PowerDVD doesn't stop playback of mkv or mp4 files from a hard drive, at least, not the version that I test with, which is PowerDVD 13. I haven't been interested in updating, and they are now on 16 I believe, so ymmv.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    I said "shouldn't". I also said if it is an issue, use a different playback method.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not an issue if you playback MKV's etc regardless if they are infected with the "Cinavia virus" on a media player like the Popcorn series even BD ISO's are ok on the A-500
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  30. I use an older Blu-ray player, an Oppo-BDP83SE, that simply doesn't have the ability to read Cinavia, even if it is present in the file whether I stream or play a Blu-ray. It has network capability so I hardwired it into my network and it does not care if Cinavia is there or not. Playback while streaming doesn't do too well with 1080 files. Stuttering choppy playback is frustrating sometimes.
    Quote Quote