VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys!

Im looking for a software that can check through mass amounts of video files for corruption for multiple file types (mp4, mkv, ts).
    I copied thousands of video files from one server to another with ftp and some files got currpted but it looks like its only happening to the ts files because if I copy it again to the new server its still gets corrupted.

Thanks for the answers!
    Quote Quote  
  2. You could compare the md5 hash
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You could compare the md5 hash
    I checked the md5hash of the 2 file but its the same, at this point im guessing its something with .ts type files because even if I put them in an archive and then send it over they will be still corrupted, which is very weird.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Same hash means the 2 files are identic. So the two ts movies were already corrupt on your old server.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Same hash means the 2 files are identic. So the two ts movies were already corrupt on your old server.
    I figured it out, the .ts videos were fine even on the new server its just that VLC couldnt play them for some reason, once I used an other media player they all played fine. Well, I blame VLC. Thanks for the help though.
    Quote Quote