VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. EDIT: just noticed that maybe the title of the thread can be misinterpreted, I'm sorry, that's just the eng movie title.
    A Dangerous Toy 1979
    I would like to edit it, but i cannot.

hi, here's another poor quality video sample

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gyhg8ifnzqfc8u7/AADSvYq8HqS_Qpct2DEZ_gjIa?dl=0

in this folder there are:

- the mask files - analyze 2 (long time to analyze, btw)
    - the script
    - the original recording 20min sample
    - the rip without logo 20min sample

dear Voodoo, I just would like to know if, like the previous film, this sample has too much poor quality in order to remove the logo in a better way.
    can i do something in order to get a better removal?

thanks.
    Last edited by maudit; 23rd Oct 2022 at 09:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1) If you want me to check deblending then I need whole range with logo. Crop logo (leave 20 pixels from the logo edges) and encode with x264 lossless [for example -q0 -m3 in MeGUI].
    2) I don't need delogoed sample, I can see it myself with your masks.
    3) Your masks folder is empty.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    1) If you want me to check deblending then I need whole range with logo. Crop logo (leave 20 pixels from the logo edges) and encode with x264 lossless [for example -q0 -m3 in MeGUI].
    2) I don't need delogoed sample, I can see it myself with your masks.
    3) Your masks folder is empty.
    - you need whole range of what? u mean u need the entire movie?
    - I usually leave 20px, this time 18px. aren't enough?
    - I don't get the part when i have to encode lossless..
    - yep sorry, the mask folder was empty, now fixed.
    Last edited by maudit; 24th Oct 2022 at 10:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, "whole" movie with logo, but I don't need whole frame, encode to lossless only the logo and share it.
    It's slow for you because you didn't deinterlace to a lossless file. Analyze is 1 minute for me on your sample.
    Btw, video is not interlaced, so you are just damaging logo for no reason.

Your delogo (top) vs My delogo (bottom):

Code:
    LWLibAvVideoSource("D:\Il giocattolo - cut - 20min sample.mkv").AssumeFPS(25)
    InpaintDelogo(mask="D:\m.bmp", Loc="26,18,-598,-496", Mode="Deblend", dPP=-5, GrainPP=3)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, "whole" movie with logo, but I don't need whole frame, encode to lossless only the logo and share it.
    Ok I got what I have to do, but why? can't I just pass the whole original file?
    don't know how to encode losslessy.
    my default x264 settings:
    --level 4.1 --preset veryslow --crf 18.0 --deblock -3:-3 --min-keyint 23 --ref 9 --vbv-bufsize 78125 --vbv-maxrate 62500 --no-mbtree --aq-mode 3 --aq-strength 0.9 --merange 32 --no-dct-decimate --no-fast-pskip --sar 1:1
    what have I do add/remove? maybe have I to use "--CRF 0"? Preset PLACEBO? or what?
    sry but I don't know what are "-q0 -m3".. how do I encode losslessy?

It's slow for you because you didn't deinterlace to a lossless file. Analyze is 1 minute for me on your sample.
    Btw, video is not interlaced, so you are just damaging logo for no reason.

I just don't get this part.. pls explain what i have to do in order to speed up the whole process..
    have i to crop the film around the logo, encode it losslessy and analyze that small area only?
    or maybe have I to only crop around the logo and analyze that small area only, without encode it first?

i know the movie is not interlaced, but in many frames you can see stupid artifacts that seem interlace lines.
    for example in the picture below that is a comparison with a frame with and without the command QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven()
    if u see the right side, lines have been removed, what is the correct command to do that, if it's not QTGMC?
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zfjob9439x8c367/AACtSteCU1JdQSHX2DR23w0ia?dl=0

Your delogo (top) vs My delogo (bottom):
    that's perfect, I want to learn how to do that with the minimum amount of "analyze" and "create ebmp" time.

i've just tried to add ", dPP=-5, GrainPP=3" to the line, and i receive a red message like "dPP value must be between 0 and 8"

EDIT1: I've just tried to Trim(0,10000) and I got almost the same mask, i think..
    it took 22min only to create the mask, now I think it's getting a lot for create the ebmp, i've stopped it.

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\antip\Desktop\util\MeGUI-2913-64\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il giocattolo (Montaldo, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\MKV\Il giocattolo - cut.mkv", fpsnum=25, fpsden=1, threads=1)

# SAR 16:11

Loop(0,0,10) # -440ms
    #Trim(0,10000)
    QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven() # to remove some artifacts
    crop(0,4,-0,-0)
    bbmod(2,2,2,2,128,8)

#InpaintLoc(Loc="36,24,-608,-506") # logo borders
    #InpaintLoc(Loc="18,6,-590,-488") # +18px
    #InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il giocattolo (Montaldo, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Automask=1, Loc="18,6,-590,-488", Analyze=2)
    InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\Users\antip\Desktop\Il giocattolo (Montaldo, 1979)\DVB-T\TS cut\.mask\mask.bmp", Loc="18,6,-590,-488", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend")

#Prefetch(7)
    mask added in the main folder
    .backup A2 Trim10000
    Last edited by maudit; 25th Oct 2022 at 08:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by maudit View Post
    Ok I got what I have to do, but why? can't I just pass the whole original file?
    I can't download big files.

don't know how to encode losslessy
    Use google then, already wrote that "x264.exe -q0 -m3" would do lossless encoding.

I just don't get this part.. pls explain what i have to do in order to speed up the whole process..
    have i to crop the film around the logo, encode it losslessy and analyze that small area only?
    No.
    You do deinterlace to a lossless intermediate file to not do empty deinterlaces 10 times, because everything above delogo runs multiple times when you do analysis.
    Anyway your file is not interlaced, so you want to run that QTGMC after delogo.

i receive a red message like "dPP value must be between 0 and 8"
    Update InpaintDelogo.
    Quote Quote  
  7. already wrote that "x264.exe -q0 -m3"
    I dont't know how to set that way on MeGUI..

Anyway your file is not interlaced, so you want to run that QTGMC after delogo
    ok then, i retry to delego, first of all

Update InpaintDelogo.
    i updated it, and now -5 works, but the result in not a so great improvement, like your ss does, what frame number it is?

edit: ok i've now re-done the mask process, without any command but the crop.
    it created the mask and ebmp very fast, replaced folder.
    also added the image artifact.png of the frame number 23781, using # , dPP=-5, GrainPP=3
    Last edited by maudit; 26th Oct 2022 at 08:46.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I dont't know how to set that way on MeGUI..
    Encoder settings > Config > Misc > Custom command line: add there "-q0 -m3".

added the image artifact.png of the frame number 23781, using # , dPP=-5, GrainPP=3
    In your script QTGMC is still before delogo.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by VoodooFX View Post
    Encoder settings > Config > Misc > Custom command line: add there "-q0 -m3".

In your script QTGMC is still before delogo.

ok now I try with custom command line.
    edit: i tried to add those 2 parameters in custom line, but they are just been added to the existing parameters,
    and anyway is producing a 30gb file.

u said
    You do deinterlace to a lossless intermediate file to not do empty deinterlaces 10 times, because everything above delogo runs multiple times when you do analysis.
    Anyway your file is not interlaced, so you want to run that QTGMC after delogo.
    so what script lines I have to keep when I encode this lossless intermediate file?

SCRIPT

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\antip\Desktop\util\MeGUI-2913-64\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("C:\\Il giocattolo - cut.mkv", fpsnum=25, fpsden=1, threads=1)

Loop(0,0,10) # -440ms
    #QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven() # to remove some artifacts
    crop(0,4,-0,-0)
    #bbmod(2,2,2,2,128,8)

#InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\\mask.bmp", Automask=1, Loc="18,6,-590,-488", Analyze=2)
    #InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\\mask.bmp", Loc="18,6,-590,-488", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend", dPP=-5, GrainPP=3)

# , dPP=-5, GrainPP=3
    #QTGMC(Preset="Slow").SelectEven() # to remove some artifacts
    #Prefetch(7)

the position of QTGMC does not change so much the final result.
    added 23781 - QTGMC after delogo.png
    Last edited by maudit; 26th Oct 2022 at 10:09.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    is producing a 30gb file...
    ...what script lines I have to keep when I encode this lossless intermediate file?
    It's normal size for ~2h SD video.
    If you want to make intermediate progressive file [this video is not interlaced, so you don't do it on it]:
    Code:
    LWLibAvVideoSource("D:\video.mkv")
    YourDeinterlaceOrIVTC()
    Crop() # borders
    If you want to share a logo from a progressive source:
    Code:
    LWLibAvVideoSource("D:\video.mkv")
    Crop(26,18,-598,-496)

the position of QTGMC does not change so much the final result.
    added 23781 - QTGMC after delogo.png
    You can look what is there before delogo. [I'll look later today]
    Learn to save images with AvsPmod, right click on the preview window > "Save image as..". You can add Crop at the end of the script just for logo area.

Remember: No filters above deinterlace and no filters above delogo.

EDIT:
    Proper QTGMC parameter on a progressive source:
    Code:
    QTGMC(InputType=1)
    Quote Quote  
  11. ok fine, restart from scratch-
    i don't do any intermediate encode.

I use that mask I've create in this script.

InputType=1 does not fully repair, maybe 2 or 3, but I can't determine which is better, if 2 or 3, I'll use the one of the example:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC#Progressive_Input
    Process progressive source with major artefacts, slightly favoring detail over repairs

Code:
    LoadPlugin("C:\\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("C:\\Il giocattolo - cut.mkv", fpsnum=25, fpsden=1, threads=1)

Loop(0,0,10) # -440ms
    crop(0,4,-0,-0)
    #bbmod(2,2,2,2,128,8)

#InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\\mask.bmp", Automask=1, Loc="18,6,-590,-488", Analyze=2)
    InpaintDelogo(mask="C:\\mask.bmp", Loc="18,6,-590,-488", Analyze=2, Mode="Deblend", dPP=-5, GrainPP=3)

# , dPP=-5, GrainPP=3

#QTGMC( Preset="Slower", InputType=1 )                   # Process progressive source, it will be temporally smoothed / deshimmered
    QTGMC( Preset="Slower", InputType=2, ProgSADMask=12.0 ) # Process progressive source with major artefacts, slightly favoring detail over repairs

#Prefetch(7)

#Crop(18,6,-590,-488)

anyway the logo is still visible.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmv0hh4akvychdu/AAAjxCQ7WEKjc2KFimNaryIYa?dl=0
    Last edited by maudit; 26th Oct 2022 at 15:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can use settings with more inpaint artifacts instead of deblend artifacts [b]:

v=LWLibAvVideoSource("D:\Il giocattolo - cut - 20min sample.mkv").Loop(0,0,10).crop(0,4,-0,-0)

a=v.InpaintDelogo(mask="D:\InpaintDelogo3_18-6-590-488_A2-16.ebmp", Loc="18,6,0,0", dPP=-5, GrainPP=3)
    b=v.InpaintDelogo(mask="D:\InpaintDelogo3_18-6-590-488_A2-16.ebmp", Loc="18,6,0,0", dPP=-5, GrainPP=3, Interp=3, IntSpd=4, Optimize=1)

StackHorizontal(v.Crop(18,6,-590,-488), a.Crop(18,6,-590,-488), b.Crop(18,6,-590,-488))
    Spline36Resize(last.width*3, last.height*3)
    Frame 23781:

Frame 4201:
    Quote Quote  
  13. ok, thanks for those examples, I have taken note of those settings
    dPP=-5, GrainPP=3, Interp=3, IntSpd=4, Optimize=1

I've understood that due the poor quality of the source and the large amount of noise,
    I should have to decide a compromise choosing between different parameters combos.

For this video I decided to not remove the logo anymore.
    I'll try those settings combinations with the other previous HD movie.

thanks for all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Replacing a logo with a blurry blob just makes it worse.
    That's all I see from the above samples.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thanks for letting us know that your sight didn't improved.
    Did you mastered your MS Paint skills in the mean time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you think it's NOT a blurry blob, then I'm not the one that need to see the optometrist.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    If you think it's NOT a blurry blob, then I'm not the one that need to see the optometrist.
    I'm recommending the exorcist in your case.
    Sad that you can't "paint" those ghosts you've in your TV for the paranormal community.
    Quote Quote