VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a total newbie with this program so please keep that in mind in your answer.

I'm trying to convert a burned copy of a 3D movie to a HSBS MKV file version.

I am using BD3D2MK3D V 1.25 and have AviSynth+ v3.7.2 installed. I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro on an older Intel box.

Everything seems fine until, I'm guessing here, the program starts processing the 3D subtitles.

The following is the error message I'm getting:

child killed: illegal instruction
    child killed: illegal instruction
    while executing
    "exec -- [GetAppPath OFSExtractor32.exe false]"
    (procedure "Extract3DPlanesMain" line 13)
    invoked from within
    "Extract3DPlanesMain "[file rootname $mpls].track_4114.mvc" . true"
    (procedure "GenerateAvs" line 1598)
    invoked from within
    "GenerateAvs"
    invoked from within
    ".nbf5.gf.gen invoke "
    invoked from within
    ".nbf5.gf.gen instate !disabled { .nbf5.gf.gen invoke } "
    invoked from within
    ".nbf5.gf.gen instate pressed { .nbf5.gf.gen state !pressed; .nbf5.gf.gen instate !disabled { .nbf5.gf.gen invoke } } "
    (command bound to event)

The following is what is showing on the console window:

*** Welcome to BD3D2MK3D v1.25

************************************************** *****************************

*** Trying to open "E:\BDMV" as a 3DBD...
    *** Opening BD disc "E:\"...
    *** Filtering 191 MPLS files...
    *** 3 3D MPLS files loaded on a total of 191 3D playlists.
    *** BD disc or folder "E:\" opened successfully. 3 3D playlists loaded.

************************************************** *****************************
    Log file generated by BD3D2MK3D v1.25
    Conversion of "E:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00800.mpls" to Side-by-Side.
    Movie title: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
    Generating project "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)\00800"...

Main job started Mon Sep 05 12:33:00 EDT 2022.

Saving file "00800.demux.meta"...
    Saving file "chapters_2D_no_delay.ogm.txt"...
    Saving file "chapters_2D_no_delay.qpfile"...
    Saving file "chapters_3D_delay.ogm.txt"...
    Saving file "chapters_3D.qpfile"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Demuxing the streams...
    tsMuxeR version git-eecf6b0. github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer
    Decoding H264 stream (track 1): Profile: High@4.1 Resolution: 1920:1080p Frame rate: 23.976
    H.264 muxing fps is not set. Get fps from stream. Value: 23.976
    Decoding H264 stream (track 2): H.264/MVC Views: 2 Profile: High@4.1 Resolution: 1920:1080p Frame rate: 23.976
    MVC muxing fps is not set. Get fps from stream. Value: 23.976
    Decoding DTS-HD stream (track 3): Bitrate: 1536Kbps core + MLP data.Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 7.1 (DTS Master Audio 24bit)
    Decoding DTS-HD stream (track 4): Bitrate: 2073Kbps Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 7.1 24bit)
    Decoding PGS stream (track 5): Resolution: 1920:1080 Frame rate: 23.976
    Processed 182007 video frames
    Processed 182007 video frames
    Flushing write buffer
    Demux complete.
    Demuxing time: 47 min 22 sec
    Streams demuxed by tsMuxeR:
    00800.track_4113.264 -1833412290 bytes
    00800.track_4114.mvc 301369312 bytes
    00800.track_4352.dts 376249344 bytes
    00800.track_4353.dts 1941452128 bytes
    00800.track_4609.sup 22543886 bytes

*** Retrieving audio delays from playlist 00800.mpls...
    All audio streams have no delay.

*** Extracting 3D-planes from MVC stream...
    (BD3D2MK3D) 1 %

If anyone can identify the problem and/or point me in the direction of a solution I'd be extremely appreciative.

TIA,
    Darkshadow1948
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems the log ends during the extraction of the 3D planes. You can try version 1.23. It uses another executable for that process.
    No doubt that r0lZ, the author of BD3D2MK3D, will chime in here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Darkshadow1948, and thanks to Ennio for bringing this discussion to my attention.

Indeed, I learned recently that a major problem exists with the current version of BD3D2MK3D, and particularly with a small utility, OFSExtractor.exe.

As Ennio suggests, you can use v1.23 (download it here), that is still using the old MVCPlanes2OFS and therefore has not that bug. I will release soon a new version with either a fixed version of OFSExtractor, or with the old MVCPlanes2OFS. Stay tuned.

If you are interested in the relatively long discussion about this bug, see this post and the following posts in the BD3D2MK3D thread at Doom9.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry it took me so long to get back to both of you as I've been quite busy with other things in my life, but I want to express my deepest thanks to both Ennio and r0lZ for all the help.
    Indeed dropping back to v1.23 solved my subtitle problem and allowed the job to run to total completion. The resulting 3D video is of excellent quality.

I look forward to the bug fix in the next version of VD3D2MK3D when it becomes available.

Once again, thanks for the help getting my project back on track. You guys are the best.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Version 1.27 is already available at the software section.

FYI there is also a general BD3D2MK3D support thread here at VideoHelp. Maybe you want to keep an eye on it: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/395498-BD3D2MK3D-Convert-3D-BDs-or-MKV-to-3D-SBS-T...Support-thread
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the thanks and the confirmation, Darkshadow1948 !

BTW, Ennio is right. If you have any question related to BD3D2MK3D, it is better to post it in the main thread. I will be notified of the new post immediately. In the other hand, I visit VideoHelp usually only once per week, and I may miss the isolated threads like this one. This would have been the case without Ennio.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks again to both of you. I'll get the new version and from now on will be keeping to the main BD3D2MK3D thread for info and queries.
    Quote Quote