VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Freelance scientist Chemist116's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I always wanted to know what is the name of the sound effect in this video.

It can be heard around minute 4:02 and lasts for about 24 seconds fading and reapearing in the last 3 seconds.

If you listen carefully it resembles to that robot or computery sound effects often used between late 1970s, 1980s and mid 1990s in most video productions of the era. Since I don't know much about the sound catalogue of video productions, maybe somebody who knows this better than me could tell me the name.

Can it still this exact or almost same sound effect be found today?. The thing is I want to use it but I don't know where I could find a clear version or something like that. Any help please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Itʻs not a sound effect, per se. Itʻs an arpeggiated synthesizer riff. They probably used a sequencer to do the repetitions.
    Hard to tell which synth nor which "voice" settings, but am betting itʻs from the Yamaha DX-7 FM synth family, because it has a tone familiar to that.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Freelance scientist Chemist116's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Itʻs not a sound effect, per se. Itʻs an arpeggiated synthesizer riff. They probably used a sequencer to do the repetitions.
    Hard to tell which synth nor which "voice" settings, but am betting itʻs from the Yamaha DX-7 FM synth family, because it has a tone familiar to that.

Scott
    The tune is kind of familiar. I am not sure which exact notes compose this synth riff you mention but it doesn't seem to be random. Perhaps this is part of a known sound catalogue?. I am not a musician so I don't know how to recreate this tune in particular. But maybe something that is nearly equivalent or a way to get that tune is available?

Is there a way to get some sample or recreate this?.

I don't have a Yamaha DX-7 FM available neither but listening to some samples online I agree with your opinion. But as I mentioned the best I could find is some emmulator called Dexed but as I am not a musician I don't have the knowledge to recreate the sound.

What did you meant by voice? Are you referring to the audio path within the synth?. Sorry but some of these terms I am not familiar with so I had to search online. Please confirm if I understood correctly that part.

As for the sequencer I don't have one, would it be really needed for recreating this tune?

At this point it would really help to have some sample if it could be recreated and how would it sound?.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Why don't you try to contact Eric Matyas? He does a lot of synthesizing of music and is a poster on this forum in the 'Editing' section.

https://forum.videohelp.com/members/237622-Eric-Matyas
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. It is smth like sci-fi computer noise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8w-2lzM-C4 here
    Last edited by erik656; 29th Sep 2023 at 03:31.
    Quote Quote