VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    The VirtualDub descriptions by Fishman on GitHub use formatting I'm not familiar with. The capture description is at https://github.com/fishman/virtualdub/blob/master/helpfile/source/capture.lina. Any idea what word processing program can handle the formatting commands? The formatting looks similar to what I used to use on a VAX system in the early 1980s.

Thanks,
    Steve

BTW: I attached a text file with the VirtualDub description information from GitHub
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Change the extension to .html and use a web browser.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yep, that was the right answer. I didn't recognize it as HTML since I've never done HTML formatting.

Thanks for the help,
    Steve
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Actually, there's more to the story. The source files on GitHub contain statements such as the following that creates files, tables, and pictures from other folders and files on the GitHub site.

<lina:create file="p-pipeline.html" title="Processing: The pipeline">
    <h1>Processing: The pipeline</h1>
    <style>
    table.pipeline {
    }

table.pipeline th {
    background: #8ae;
    }

table.pipeline td {
    background: #aea;
    }
    </style>

and

<blockquote>
    <lina:image src="pics/c-spilldrives.png"/>
    </blockquote>

Any idea what will process all of the commands and create the final document from the multiple source files?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Old thread but I happened upon it.

A Google search for "site:virtualdub.org lina" revealed the answer: http://www.virtualdub.org/blog2/entry_066.html

Lina is the interpreter for these files, it was also written by VirtualDub's author, and the source code for it is in the "Lina" directory.

Or just open Help from within VirtualDub to see it with the intended formatting. Don't know what prompted the original question.
    My YouTube channel with little clips: vhs-decode, comparing TBC, etc.
    Quote Quote