VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. I am very glad to see that the last message was locked by the MODERATOR.

I am aware of the previous history of this company.

I have several questions for the MODERATOR ( vitualis
    ) and eatin sammiches for lunch.

1. Have you read the comments from the afterdawn.com forum beta testers before you decided to LOCK the post?

2. Everyone talks about the "FREE SOFTWARE" out there that does everything this product is supposed to do. That free software is ONLY good for the die hard geeks who want to spend hundreds of hours downloading software, reading the GUIDES and waiting for the computer to complete the tasks.

3. How long did it take you to backup your first DVD-5 or DVD-9?

4. 321Studios is giving you a 30 day money back on this product.

5. Where would the CDR creations/backups be today if you didn't have NERO or EASY CD CREATOR and had to follow similar procedures using DVDDecrptor and IFOEdit and more to create every CDR? Do you think you would be buying CDR media for $.25 or a burner for $50?

The DVD industry is on the same time frame as the CDR burners were several years ago. The software was VERY hard to use and only the GEEKS could create CDR's successfully.

Now maybe 321 is not the company to offer the one button product but lets give them a chance to prove it.

Look around this web site and how many newbies ask the same question time and again? How many newbies give up when they realize the effort to learn the process is more time then the benefits derived?

So I say to you there is no such thing as FREE DVD SOFTWARE because my time spent is worth something.

I am new to posting on this forum and do NOT want to start a flame war but I believe everyone should be aware of new products and ideas that just might make life a little easier.

2. 2: they are hard to understand first becuase they have so many powerfull
    settings, but you want these settings when you need to customise.

3: 30 minutes, Use this guide by "Enemywithin"
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315500&highlight=#315500

4: Have any prof that people got their money back?
    using creditcard and dispute the charges may help.

5: 321studio does not seem like a company that creates
    products for the wellbeing of the people
    but a fly-by-night scam to pocket as much money as possible.

3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For the first is this is no news. The app may be very good but we can't really know until it has been released for everyone. So no further discussion about it until it has been released (november 8th according to their site.....).

(dvd copy plus that also www.321studios sells is 3 free software: smartripper,dvdx and vcdeasy...)

4. If you want me to explain why I locked that post, that is fine.

Originally Posted by joepic
    1. Have you read the comments from the afterdawn.com forum beta testers before you decided to LOCK the post?
    Yes. I have seen the that forum. I have also commented on it in "OFF TOPIC" a week or so ago. I suggest that you read my comments relating to it there.

4. 321Studios is giving you a 30 day money back on this product.
    Firstly, there is no proof of this. With the rather shoddy history this company has and the intrinsic illegality of the supposed software, I think it is perfect advisable to NOT PRE-ORDER or PRE-PAY for anything until the product is actually released.

As this product apparently only involves a download, you don't lose out in NOT pre-ordering.

5. Where would the CDR creations/backups be today if you didn't have NERO or EASY CD CREATOR and had to follow similar procedures using DVDDecrptor and IFOEdit and more to create every CDR? Do you think you would be buying CDR media for $.25 or a burner for $50?

The DVD industry is on the same time frame as the CDR burners were several years ago. The software was VERY hard to use and only the GEEKS could create CDR's successfully.
    Completely irrelevant and a mischaracterisation of history. Nero and Easy CD Creator were bona fide commercial products. They were not shrouded in layers of hype before they were released.

Furthermore, these programs weren't illegal. For DVDXCOPY to do what it claims to do, it MUST decrypt the CSS encryption on the DVD. I would very much like to see the license agreement this "company" has with the DVD Forum (there isn't one). In most parts of the world, providing and selling a device that defeats digital copyright protection (i.e., CSS) is definitely illegal.

Now maybe 321 is not the company to offer the one button product but lets give them a chance to prove it.
    I agree. Let them bring forward their product and it will be scrutinised by the community with interest. Until then, the hype and speculation that this program seems to generate seems nothing more than spam.

So I say to you there is no such thing as FREE DVD SOFTWARE because my time spent is worth something.
    That's just semantics and really rather lame. In the common usage, free can mean:
    1. The author doesn't CHARGE for the program (e.g., VCDEasy)
    2. The source code is available and you are "free" to modify it and redistribute it if you so wish (e.g., VCDImager -- released under GPL).

I am new to posting on this forum and do NOT want to start a flame war but I believe everyone should be aware of new products and ideas that just might make life a little easier.
    That is fair which is why I didn't just delete your post. However, as someone who has been around in the community for a while, I believe that everyone should be aware of potential scams and to take due care.

CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence