VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Help for this program is so hard to find it seems...I intend to replace VLC with it, but just the one thing I can do with VLC that I don't see in Potplayer is right-clicking audio files and seeing a add to playlist option. That is how I have created .m3u playlist files for the longest time, and I cannot figure out how to make & save them within Potplayer..Sure there is some other way, but I would really like the right-click option if it is avaliable
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try: Preferences - Association - go down to the right hand side and tick 'Add "Add to" file context menu'. Then Apply and OK.
    Last edited by AllisOne; 22nd Jan 2016 at 12:36.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by AllisOne View Post
    Try: Preferences - Association - go down to the right hand side and tick 'Add "Add to" t file context menu'. Then Apply and OK.
    Thanks..first this only worked for video files for some reason, but once I changed the defaults in Windows too for music files it did.

I still can't figure out how to save playlists as .m3us though....or how to change the language of the skin I chose to English, so maybe Im missing the option because of that
    Quote Quote  
  4. Click 'Open/Hide playlist'( or F6) to open playlist window, right-click somewhere inside the window of playlist you want to save, then choose 'Playlist' and 'Save playlist as ...'. You have 4 options - dpl, pls, m3u and asx.

It's always good to mention some informations about the program and your OS - version, x32/x64, stable/beta, portable, etc.

Where did you download your PotPlayer from? The one from videohelp should set its language according to the language of your system? The language of the skin should be the same, especially the default one. Some skins are without English, or any other language, for example they are only Russian.

You can get to the language selection menu by clicking 'Shift+L'
    Last edited by AllisOne; 22nd Jan 2016 at 12:37.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Click 'Open/Hide playlist'( or F6) to open playlist window, right-click somewhere inside the window of playlist you want to save, then choose 'Playlist' and 'Save playlist as ...'. You have 4 options - dpl, pls, m3u and asx.

It's always good to mention some informations about the program and your OS - version, x32/x64, stable/beta, portable, etc.

Where did you download your PotPlayer from? The one from videohelp should set its language according to the language of your system? The language of the skin should be the same, especially the default one. Some skins are without English, or any other language, for example they are only Russian.

You can get to the language selection menu by clicking 'Shift+L'
    Thanks again, found the setting now I can finally do away with VLC, not knowing how to create & save playlists was the only thing holding me back

I'm running Windows 10 & it's the x64 desktop version, whatever the latest is as I just reinstalled it couple days ago.
    I pulled up the language setting which was on automatic & set it to English but I still get the other language when hovering over buttons in the player, I believe it's in Chinese & the skin is
    XMP4 Windows
    Quote Quote  
  6. Some of the skins are not fully or at all translated. But it's good to ask google, something like for example 'XMP4 Windows skin+English'. There are some modified ones there, at deviantart etc ( http://stokenash.deviantart.com/art/XMP4-PotPlayer-Window-Aero-English-270858760 )

Edit: or http://smilefly.deviantart.com/art/XMP4-Window-PotPlayer-Skin-211963779 (check the comments)
    Last edited by AllisOne; 22nd Jan 2016 at 13:34.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Some of the skins are not fully or at all translated. But it's good to ask google, something like for example 'XMP4 Windows skin+English'. There are some modified ones there, at deviantart etc ( http://stokenash.deviantart.com/art/XMP4-PotPlayer-Window-Aero-English-270858760 )

Edit: or http://smilefly.deviantart.com/art/XMP4-Window-PotPlayer-Skin-211963779 (check the comments)
    Thanks alot! uve been a big help
    Quote Quote