VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys!!!

I have around 500 backed up movies from my personal dvd collection inside my pc.

Does anyone knows a software that " emulate" or actually act as a video movie server in my pc???

What I am thinkink of is something like a software that allows me to see all the movies (maybe separated by categories...) I have stored, choose one of them , and load it to watch it.

Thanxs in advance

BR
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You don't say whether you are on a MAC or PC

if you're on MACINTOSH, the newest APPLE COMPUTERS are USING SMART FOLDERS in OS X that will allow a FOLDER placed on the desktop to automatically contain any movie you ever make on the machine (or transfer to it) by being a "SELF - UPDATING" folder.

also new APPLE's have a sort of HOME THEATRE organizer built into OS X 4.5 (or such)
    This "FRONT ROW" application organizes any video put in a special folder called "MOVIES" that has already existed in the MAC USERS FOLDER in OS X.
    Using a REMOTE supplied with the computer, you can play all your movies without a MOUSE (using the remote)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    how have you backed up them? avi, dvd-video folders,iso files?

media center tools can automatically categories files on your hd...like for example Media Portal, SageTV
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello my friends...thanxs for the fast reply...

Actually I have a standart PC with Windows XP and 03 x 300gb hard disks where I store the movies that are all encoded to high quality (xvid, divx) avi files...

Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!

Thanxs
    Quote Quote  
  5. gb-pvr w/ movies plugin would also be a good free one to check out.
    Quote Quote