VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi:
    In Linux I use Kaffeine to watch and record ATSC TV. It is nice and easy to use. I am looking for a simple program similar to that for Windows. I know there are things like Media Portal but I found they would fail when you really wanted to use them most.(due to they complexity)
    -Jamie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have never tried Kaffiene, so I have no basis for comparison.

I have tried NextPVR for ATSC and it worked well enough for that. The easiest option for guide service is Schedules Direct, which costs $25/year. However, if you have a Windows 7 PC, I'd recommend Windows Media Center instead. Setup is easier and it comes with free guide service. If you have a Hauppauge ATSC TV tuner, many come bundled with WinTV. A free program guide is provided via TitanTV.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh right most people won't know what Kaffeine is since it's exclusive to Linux.(I dual-boot)

So what I am looking for is something simple and relatively lightweight, think Media Player Classic if it could tune ATSC television.

I don't need a TV guide, I have free ones and can get online.

I will give NextPVR a try.(I have a feeling a tried before)

I have a Hauppauge TV tuner but since I bought it at the equivalent of a thrift store I don't have the software for it. The drivers are free but the software you have to pay for. Since I can reboot into Linux to use it(although this is sometimes inconvenient), it's not worth paying for anything to get it too work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. NextPVR seems easy enough to use. Thank you .
    Quote Quote