VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. rimaslagu79
    I am looking for what I consider to be a relatively cheap (<$50) Blu-Ray authoring program for PC. I have only used Mac based software in the past to create DVDs and I now want to move on to PC based software for Blu- Ray authoring.

I need something that will work with just about all file types and have a library of menus on hand. Prefer a simple to use program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    None like that really exist. Your best bet is to use DVD Fab Blu-ray Creator, which can be used to do decent stuff with some fiddling.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rimaslagu79 View Post
    I am looking for what I consider to be a relatively cheap (<$50) Blu-Ray authoring program for PC. I have only used Mac based software in the past to create DVDs and I now want to move on to PC based software for Blu- Ray authoring.

I need something that will work with just about all file types and have a library of menus on hand. Prefer a simple to use program.
    DVD Architect Studio can author Blu-ray with menus and costs $40 but I'm not sure that it converts video and audio to be Blu-ray compliant. You can try it before buying.

I think Cyberlink PowerProducer Ultra (but not PowerProducer Deluxe) can do everything that you want, although it costs more than $50. You can try it before buying. See www.cyberlink.com/products/powerproducer/features_en_US.html
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    DVD Architect Studio can author Blu-ray with menus and costs $40 but I'm not sure that it converts video and audio to be Blu-ray compliant. You can try it before buying.
    It does. I have full featured DVD Architect and it re-encodes video and audio. That's why I don't use it and use MultiAVCHD instead.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post
    It does. I have full featured DVD Architect and it re-encodes video and audio. That's why I don't use it and use MultiAVCHD instead.
    Does it support 4K? How free is the menu creation?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    [QUOTE=Troc;2600724]
    Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post

Originally Posted by Troc View Post
    Does it support 4K?
    No.

How free is the menu creation?
    I am not sure I follow your question.

RE menu: you can create menus in DVDA.

RE DVDA itself: it is not free. It usually comes with purchase of Sony, now MAGIX, Vegas Pro video editor (which I have).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Basically, are you tied to a template or can you design a nice menu ground up with custom background, music, your own buttons, text and everything? Can you make a custom submenu, for example for Special Features, or is there a locked number of menu screens that you cannot change?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Basically, are you tied to a template or can you design a nice menu ground up with custom background, music, your own buttons, text and everything? Can you make a custom submenu, for example for Special Features, or is there a locked number of menu screens that you cannot change?
    Got it.

The answer is YES to all of the above. That's why it is called DVD Architect Pro. Lower versions may not have all these features.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depending on the price, if I didn't want to do 4K, I'd be all over that. I might be anyway, since my sly editing of DVDFab Blu-ray Creator is quite limited.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have previously tried https://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/taw6.html and it may work for your purpose.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote