VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, I hope this is the proper place for this question, if not i apologize in advance.
    here's my question, i have several episodes of a sci-fi show on my hd. they are avi files and they are about 25 minutes in length each. what is the best and easiest way to put them on 25 gig blu-ray disc. what software should i use and about how many can i get on a 25 gig blu-ray disc? thanks in advance. I really like this web site.

Thanks
    Fr@nk C@$tle
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use imgburn and burn them as data files,depending on the file size you can get 50 avi videos that are around 450 mb in size on a 25gb disc.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would ask: how do you intend to play them? (direct via pc? using a bluray player?...).
    johns0's answer makes perfect sense for the former, but not for the latter.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A blu-ray player will play avi files from a blu-ray disc as long as the player is fairly new as in the last 8 years or so.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I want to play the disc on my blu-ray player, and the player is only a few months old. how long would it take to burn a blu-ray disc with 50 episodes?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For 23.3 gb worth it will take around 30 minutes at 4x and around 16 min at 8x,i burn at 10x with no errors and verify after so it takes a bit longer but worth it so give another 6-8 minutes of verifying if you wanna do that.You should do a quick test to see if your player will play the avi since if it's divx or xvid there might be an issue.
    Quote Quote  
  7. thanks to everyone for there quick response.

Fr@nk C@$tle
    Quote Quote