VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys. I was just wondering if anyone tried this and does it work.

I am looking to download 4K UHD blu ray remuxes and using BDRebuilder to convert them to 25 or 50 GB blu ray (BDMV folder) for burning on the discs.

Maybe it's a weird question but I would like to know before starting to download huge files. I am not even sure is there a need to convert but let's say i want to add certain subtitles, i know i have to go through the procedure.

I had a 4K movie in HEVC mkv but my laptop was stuttering even when trying to play the file but i am sure it's just a weak configuration. I did however run tbe process through BDRebudiler and did get a proper folder but I couldn't not check it because again, weak configuration.

Thank you so much for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After all of these years, I've been trying to do exactly this!

BDRebuilder and CloneBD only like 4K Blu-ray folders directly from the disc. They do NOT like when you try to reverse engineer them!

I lean towards BDRebulder because the resultant quality with conversions is so far superior to CloneBD, I actually forgot I owned it!

I replied to this old thread in the hopes that someone will hopefully share their workflow that makes this possible.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Isn't just easier to burn them on a triple layer BDXL disc? I never tried it and not sure they'd play? You can find them still a little pricey last time I checked.
    Quote Quote