VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I created an mkv from a blu-ray using MakeMKV. MediaInfo shows the chapters were preserved but when I next try to split the file by chapters using MKVToolnix GUI it gives me an error. All I am doing is loading the file and selecting split mode "Before chapters". The error reads "Invalid chapter number '' for '--split' in '--split chapters:': Not a valid number or not positive." (MKVToolnix GUI automatically sets the chapter number to "unlimited" in this split mode).

What am I missing?

This is a music video and I want to be a able to play each song separately and mix and match with other music videos, change play order etc.

EDIT: Other split modes are working fine, its just kind of tedious to have to enter each split by time codes etc. It would be nice just to split each chapter automatically.
    Last edited by mugz8391; 23rd Aug 2020 at 11:36.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I found this on another board using the command line which works fine, its just using the GUI does not work:

mkvmerge -o output.mkv --split chapters:all input.mkv

Worked perfectly, just as expected.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I also got this valuable reply from sneaker_ger on Doom9:
    You are supposed to type "all" (or numbers) into the field below the drop-down box. (If you hover your mouse over this or other fields a tooltip box explaining this will be shown.)
    Quote Quote