VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7yGbP9OLk&t=892s.
    I watched a video on Youtube and I noticed the video is deinterlaced. It looks very smooth and it shows colour pixels leaving behind the movement. I'm looking for this setting. If anyone can tell what type of deinterlacing is I would be appreciated. I am using AviSynth and it has many deinterlacing options. I am wondering if AviSynth has that setting.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You want poor deinterlacing with chroma blending artifacts? It looks like Yadif with a ConvertToYV12() instead of ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Agreed, that sample video looks like a catalog of dumb noob mistakes.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  4. I downloaded and installed Yadif in AviSynth Plugins, but AviSynth does not seem to recognise it. Here's how I installed. Image
    [Attachment 46647 - Click to enlarge]
    . Image
    [Attachment 46648 - Click to enlarge]
    . Image
    [Attachment 46649 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yadif is a little different than most AviSynth filters. It won't autoload when in the plugins folder. You have to use a special import in your script:

Code:
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\path\to\yadif.dll")
    On my computer AviSynth is installed in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\". I put yadif.dll in AviSynth's plugins folder (even though it doesn't autoload on its own). Then I use an avsi script in the plugins folder to autoload yadif.dll so I don't have to remember to manually include it in my script. The Yadif.avsi script looks like:

Code:
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth\plugins\yadif.dll")
    If you have AviSynth installed elsewhere you'll need to modify the path to match.

If you want good deinterlacing use QTGMC instead. It looks like you have it installed already.

If you really want those chroma blending artifacts you can create them manually with MergeChroma(Blur(0.0, 1.0)) before deinterlacing (assuming your source is interlaced YV12).
    Last edited by jagabo; 31st Aug 2018 at 10:50.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I borrowed this idea from someone for loading the two C plugins I use regularly. They're not in the standard Avisynth plugins folder, so doing it this way means if I move or delete them, leaving the avsi script in the auto-loading folder won't prevent Avisynth from running.

AVSInpaint = "C:\Program Files\AviSynth\C Plugins\AVSInpaint.dll"
    exist(AVSInpaint) ? Load_Stdcall_Plugin(AVSInpaint) : nop

Yadif = "C:\Program Files\AviSynth\C Plugins\Yadif.dll"
    exist(Yadif) ? Load_Stdcall_Plugin(Yadif) : nop
    Quote Quote  
  7. Blur() has no input video:

Code:
    video = MergeChroma(video, Blur(video, 0.0, 1.0))
    Quote Quote  
  8. I need another help with deinterlacing. QTGMC or Yadif do not really help with some interlaced videos, but separate fields does help removing undesired horizontal line artifacts. However, the video gets shaky when I use that deinterlace. Is there any AviSynth filter that stabilises it?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Post a sample of your source.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    As jagabo mentioned, if you want the problem analyzed, post some of your source - not the results
    Quote Quote  
  11. Image
    [Attachment 48478 - Click to enlarge]
    . I don't understand what specifically he's saying, but I think this is what I'm asked for. If not, please be more specific.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Geez, where do people come up with scripts like this?

Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    I don't understand what specifically he's saying
    He's asking for a sample - a video sample from your 'source'. Untouched and maybe 10 seconds with steady movement. No one wants your results; no one wants the bad script you used.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Honestly, yadif shouldn't even be used in Avisynth.
    Go QTGMC, nothing else.
    Or, if you really want yadif, at least go the yadifmod() route.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  14. Here's untouched video
    Image Attached Files
    • File Type: mp4 N.mp4 (89.00 MB, 44 views)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Most of that clip has the top field below the bottom field. Use:

Code:
    LSmashVideoSource("Downloads\N.mp4") 
    SwapFields()
    AssumeBFF()
    QTGMC()
    The first few seconds with the Playstation logo don't have the field swap. So don't use SwapFields() on that section if you prefer. Also, it has interlaced frames encoded as progressive so there will be some chroma blending artifacts. And it has duplicate frames here and there where the capture device dropped a frame and inserted a duplicate.
    Last edited by jagabo; 25th Mar 2019 at 06:17.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    Here's untouched video
    It's been "touched" by handbrake

Writing application : HandBrake 1.1.1 2018061800

The "untouched" video would be "Tekken 4.m2ts" . If you need to cut a segment, you can use tsmuxer
    Quote Quote  
  17. Nice catch poisondeathray, but I disabled deinterlace while processing it, so it looks exactly the same as the original one.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by jseo13579 View Post
    Nice catch poisondeathray, but I disabled deinterlace while processing it, so it looks exactly the same as the original one.
    But why would you do that when you were asked specifically for an untouched sample? 10 seconds is all that's needed. A short scene of someone walking or some other sort of movement. You're the one asking for help. If you want help, then provide what's asked for.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi, I also have another question about deinterlacing. As you can see the image, you can see interlaced artifact on the face. Normally, my captured interlaced videos don't show this, but this game is unique. Can you tell me what type of deinterlacing would be a solution for this? Image
    [Attachment 50506 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  20. Supply a short sample of your SOURCE VIDEO. How many times to you have to be told this?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Okay, sorry about that. Here.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. QTGMC didn't have any problem with that here.

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("12-10-2019_01.m2ts") 
    QTGMC()
    There's a little bouncing up and down on some of the horizontal elements but otherwise it's very cleanly deinterlaced. At the original frame size:

[Attachment 50522 - Click to enlarge]

Though there is some kind of problem with the source. Some ghosting a little below some horizontal elements.
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th Oct 2019 at 11:17.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Mullica Hill, New Jersey, United States of America
    Search Comp PM
    speaking of deinterlacing, anyone know that method that CRT TVs use where 29.97FPS interlaced prints of shows would have their frames reduced noticeably when viewed on CRTs? It would result in animations and movements looking rougher and choppier and I would like to know the exact framerate number result from that
    Quote Quote  
  24. CRT televisions played 59.94 fields per second.
    Quote Quote