VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a LG Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Burner & HD DVD-ROM Drive Black SATA Model GGW-H20L
    for my hp pc , I just got this pc 3 months ago and bought the blue ray a week later but I am having a problem viewing blu ray movies I'm using cyberlink bd/hd I tried to scan it and it says graphic card driver 7.15.11.7516 no and HDCP compliant display no, when i first installed it was working i could watch movies , can some one help me out , i been going to nvidia website and downloading the graphics driver software lastest version

Can someone help me out

my system
    windows vista home edition
    1tb
    graphic card Ge force 8600 gt
    memory ram 4.00GB
    processor: intel core 2 quad cpu q6700 2.67 ghz
    DVI
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would appear that your graphics card and monitor are not HDCP compliant so you cannot play Blu-Ray nor HD-DVD unless you first strip them of the copy protection because it is the copy protection ... seeing that you are not HDCP compliant ... that stops them from playing.

One solution is to first RIP the Blu-Ray or HD-DVD to your computer's HDD and then play it back from there.

This way copy protection is bypassed as the ripping process removes it. To do the ripping I would try DVDFab HD Decrypter which is freeware or you could try AnyDVD HD but that program is NOT freeware and getting more and more expensive by the day. So try DVDFab HD Decrypter first and pray that it works.

As to why it worked before? Who knows *shrugs* maybe you played back a disc without copy protection or you had a combination of software and/or drivers that didn't care (you did say you've been updating like crazy). I would try to play back a disc that you know worked before. If it works and others do not not then you know that disc has no playback copy protection. If a disc that worked before now doesn't work ... it must be a software "issue" but RIPPING it will work.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so how can i get the monitor to be HDCP compactable
    when i try to play it plays for 2 or 3 second and then pops up the HDCp message
    so is it like if you buy a blu ray movie it might not work on this player the only way to watch it is if you rip it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To be able to play back Blu-Ray and/or HD-DVD you need a monitor that is HDCP compliant as well as a video card that is HDCP compliant. I'm not sure how the audio works though ... I don't actually have such a set-up myself ... just going by stuff I've read here and elsewhere.

The bad news is that your monitor and video card either are HDCP or are not HDCP. No way around that so IF your monitor is not HDCP compliant you need to buy a new monitor and the same applies to the video card.

That of course can be expensive especially if you don't really need a new monitor and/or video card.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Invest in AnyDVD HD , its cheaper than a new monitor and video card and it is the only software capable of dealing with bd+ copy protection ,Dvd Fab won't work with blu ray. I have the same drive and Even with a hdcp compliant monitor and graphics card I still have occasional problems with blu ray disc menu's when using a software player to play a disc(you can't navigate some disc menu's) in which case I rip with AnyDVD and play just the movie files.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having some-what the same problems with blu-ray. I tried ripping the blu-ray with Anydvd (trial version) and playing it back with Powerdvd v8 but its extremely stuttery and not smooth at all. Am I doing anything wrong with the ripping software or is it because of my hard drive is slow? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It get's even stranger. Blu-ray plays perfectly off the disc using PowerDVD on my dual boot system when I switch to Vista Ultimate, but shows only a black screen in XP Pro. Coudn't see the disk untill I installed a UDF 2.50 driver in XP. Rip with TSMuxR, AnyDVD HD and re-encode with TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress and it plays fine on XP.

Intel quad core 2.4 gz
    3 gig ddr2
    Ati 3400 graphics
    Benq FP202W monitor
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wait you suggest I do this? Sorry for the confusion....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi.

I've got problems with my Blu-Ray player too.

It's a panasonic bd-202 and the monitor is a new ACER P243Wd, graphic board is QuadroFx 3400.

I've ripped the contents with anydvd trial and from the HD PowerDVD plays the movie with no problems.

But there is still no way to see it directly from the BR-DVD. Even with AnyDVD active.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    When HD DVD and BluRay first came out, PowerDVD and WinDVD would play them, but if your monitor and video card were not HDCP compliant, they would play them in a resolution that will larger than standard definition, but smaller than 1280x780 (I don't remember the exact value - it was 900-something by something). Hollyweird has gotten to both PowerDVD and WinDVD and convinced them to make their programs much more restrictive. They won't play BluRay contents from hard disks now, for example. I am surprised that they won't play your BluRay discs at all as in the recent past they just played them at a lower resolution like I said. The only solution I can think of is that you will have to find an older version of PowerDVD or WinDVD that does not have this restriction.
    If you are clever, you might be able to find such programs on P2P networks.
    Quote Quote