VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Purchased this unit to replace my old Apex AD-1500 back in March 2005,
    Played every thing I ever backed-up or Home Authored flawlessly for about 4-5 months and then I noticed it would skip and freeze when playing DVDR's only. Factory DVDs played fine.

It makes no sense DVDRs that I played numerous times in the past suddenly were skipping and freezing about 20mins in to the video.
    The only solution is to Stop, Eject and restart or resume if I'm lucky.

I've been using Verbatim DVD-/+R's for about 3 years now (Mainly DVD-R) it makes no sense why this thing would up and decide to go on strike.

Like I said it was playing these same DVDRs my Apex played fine. This goes for old ones as well as any new ones I added to my collection.

I'm considering bringing in to an Authorized Pioneer Repair shop, but will they fix it just because I say "It plays Factory DVD's fine, but not my home made ones" Sounds like they'll tell me go home and practice making DVDs rather then bother trying to trouble shoot the problem. Any one have any advice?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the only thing i could suggest would be to purchase a laser lens cleaner.. they're pretty cheap, around $10.. sorry to hear you're having problems, i have 2 of the 270's & a 260 and they've been working well for quite a while..
    Quote Quote