VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello friends,

Like an idiot I was clearing up space on my computer, when I realized I deleted an MKV OBS file that I really wanted. I found the shadow file thankfully on Shadow View—which shows the same length and file size—but when I try to open the MKV File in VLC or Windows Media Player, it doesn't work. I've tried using programs like Meteroid, but to no avail. Are there other option to hopefully get the audio from this? Anyone that can help me with this I will send cookies to in the mail.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LvLLhpXB2qJ63J_-YDWo5-cPM2jPvPS1/view?usp=sharing
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not recoverable. Most 00 file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's not restoring.
    That's data recovery. Not the same.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you are using a file recovery program, you need to pay attention to the "health" of the deleted file. You also need to use a really good recovery program. Many of them cannot handle many types of deletions. What's worse -- and this may be what is happening to you -- it will "recover" the file, but what is in that file is probably not related at all to the original file.

So, your best bet is to leave the disk alone, and then try several other file recovery options. I doubt you'll have much luck trying to recover something from the file you've already recovered.
    Quote Quote