VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok i dont know what technical words should be used in this process...
    its like i have some collection of videos and in mostly all vids it have some audio/speech ,which plays in between the vids for 2sec .. its like "for more tuts download from so and so blog"... now at what duration does it play thats hard to find as the vids r some 40mins and even 1 hr long :/
    It taking too much time to catch that 2 sec voice in whole video.. plz help in this.. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If there's a few moments of silence before and after the '2nd audio' plays,
    you might be able to spot it using an audio editor like the freeware Audacity.
    Assuming Audacity can open the video, you may see and be able to playback,
    extract or replace the audio with silence, depending on your preferences.

It would be easier if you have a general timeline idea where each of the audio additions are, to reduce searching.

But others here may have a better idea.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Post a 30 second sample that includes the part you want cut out in the middle.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    If there's a few moments of silence before and after the '2nd audio' plays,
    you might be able to spot it using an audio editor like the freeware Audacity.
    Assuming Audacity can open the video, you may see and be able to playback,
    extract or replace the audio with silence, depending on your preferences.

It would be easier if you have a general timeline idea where each of the audio additions are, to reduce searching.

But others here may have a better idea.
    i was using avs audio editor, in 1 clip it was little silence before and after the 2nd audio...
    but for other clips it nothing like that...
    that timeline idea not working as it keeps on changing in each files :/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Post a 30 second sample that includes the part you want cut out in the middle.
    ? friend if i know that particular part (where that 2nd audio plays), then i would have done it by my own.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It may be possible but without a example showing what you're looking for it's all just theoretical. If you can't be bothered to find a sample and provide it nobody here is going to spend their time writing a book on how such things might be done.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Prithvi, I suspect you are asking for an automated process to find those speech sections. It does not exist my friend. You will have to do it the old fashioned manual way by finding each one and editing it out.
    Quote Quote