VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    I have been useing SVCD2DVDMPG for a few months now on a regular television, works fantasticly!

Just bought a new widescreen television today......Woooo Hoooo!

Will i be able to watch my dvds in wisescreen format, or is there something else i need to do to make this work?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD-SVCDs are never in widescreen 16:9

So if your watching one on a WS TV its like watching a non WS TV program: you have the option to watch it as 4:3, 14:9 or 16:9 (or whatever your TV offers) Its no big deal - just go for the one you feel most confortable with.

SVCDs which claim to be widescreen usually aren't. Whilst thier sources probably are, the mpgs are letterboxed so that the movie part looks WS but the mpg is not (if that makes sense). In this case you can adjust your TV accordingly so that it will look better on your TV than on a non WS one.

I've got a WS and it infinitely better than a non WS IF you use it correctly (don't fall for the squashed people syndrome!)
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a SVCD in anamorphic 16:9 format.Whenever I play it on my TV, I have to manually switch the TV into 16:9 mode in order to watch it with correct AR.
    Question: when I convert this SVCD mpeg to DVD, is there any way to tell the player, that's a 16:9 instead 4:3 movie?Will ifoedit do the trick?
    Or must I reencode the whole mpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Dragonsf use dvdlab to author your dvd.. it worked for me when i put svcds on dvd.

Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    thanks alot......

That answers my question!
    Quote Quote