VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a bilingual DVD (English/Japanese) that has 4 episodes. 3 out of those 4 has the same audio (English).
    I found in Youtube the video with the Japanese audio (combined episodes).

I want to make a DVD with the correct audio for those 3 episodes and also preserving the menu structure.

Looks like the step would be:
    1. Use DVD Decrypter to get all of the components.
    2. Extract the Japanese audio from Youtube video, need to do precise audio cut/trim. Any tool suggestion?
    2. Replace the one of the redundant English audio track with Japanese.
    3. Re-author DVD.

Any better way to do it?

I checked, looks like DVDRebuilder is intended to copy the structure of DVD9.
    My DVD is not DVD9. Will it work?

What's the best way, or what tools to do all of those steps?
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Assuming you don't want to reencode the video, then you don't want to waste time using DVD-Rebuilder.

First, check the relative framerates. Are they the same? If not, you have an audio conversion to do, as well as making it DVD compliant since YouTube audio can't be used in DVDs. I use AoA Audio Extractor Basic to get WAV audio from YouTube videos. It can be converted to 48000Hz at the same time It can be cut in any WAV editor, one such as Audacity. Then you can reencode it to AC3 audio for the DVD.

You'll need to demux the episodes needing new audio from the DVD (along with the chapter points) using PGCDemux. You have to reauthor each episode with new audio using Muxman with the original chapter points (the celltimes.txt you demuxed) the original video and the new audio. You'll have to replace the original episodes with the edited ones (usually with VobBlanker). You'll have to hope the new audio matches the video and everything's in synch. But it might not be.

This is a major undertaking and I don't think you have any idea what you're in for.

There's much more involved than simply replacing the audio, as I explained.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Assuming you don't want to reencode the video, then you don't want to waste time using DVD-Rebuilder.

First, check the relative framerates. Are they the same? If not, you have an audio conversion to do, as well as making it DVD compliant since YouTube audio can't be used in DVDs. I use AoA Audio Extractor Basic to get WAV audio from YouTube videos. It can be converted to 48000Hz at the same time It can be cut in any WAV editor, one such as Audacity. Then you can reencode it to AC3 audio for the DVD.

You'll need to demux the episodes needing new audio from the DVD (along with the chapter points) using PGCDemux. You have to reauthor each episode with new audio using Muxman with the original chapter points (the celltimes.txt you demuxed) the original video and the new audio. You'll have to replace the original episodes with the edited ones (usually with VobBlanker). You'll have to hope the new audio matches the video and everything's in synch. But it might not be.

This is a major undertaking and I don't think you have any idea what you're in for.

There's much more involved than simply replacing the audio, as I explained.
    Thank you so much. Yes, I got the first one as I worked on it before - to make the YouTube audio to be DVD compliant (convert to ac3, 48Khz, etc).
    What I don't understand is the preserving DVD structure.

Originally I imagined there is a tool that would extract the menu, subtitle, and automatically split the DVD video and audio.
    And then I imagined there is a tool to put everything back together.

It's good to know I have to make it into vob first.

Btw, how about the menu and DVD structure?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by nckhrs View Post
    That's what VobBlanker is for. It's capable of replacing the original episodes with the new and improved ones authored in Muxman. You'll keep the menus and anything else in the original DVD. This YouTube video seems to be about something very similar to what you're doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMXwJOHJSw4

I didn't watch it, so I'm not positive. If each episode is in its own PGC, it's easy. But there are other kinds of episodic DVDs that will make the job very challenging.

Yes, you reauthor each episode being replaced into a little 'mini-DVD' and then replace that in the original DVD with VobBlanker (using the 'Replace' button). You might be able to do the same thing using PGCEdit. This guide seems to do it exactly the same way as I suggested earlier, but with PGCEdit as the main program used:

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Simplistic_Guide_for_Replacing_DVD_Streams_page1.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by nckhrs View Post
    That's what VobBlanker is for. It's capable of replacing the original episodes with the new and improved ones authored in Muxman. You'll keep the menus and anything else in the original DVD. This YouTube video seems to be about something very similar to what you're doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMXwJOHJSw4

I didn't watch it, so I'm not positive. If each episode is in its own PGC, it's easy. But there are other kinds of episodic DVDs that will make the job very challenging.

Yes, you reauthor each episode being replaced into a little 'mini-DVD' and then replace that in the original DVD with VobBlanker (using the 'Replace' button). You might be able to do the same thing using PGCEdit. This guide seems to do it exactly the same way as I suggested earlier, but with PGCEdit as the main program used:

http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Simplistic_Guide_for_Replacing_DVD_Streams_page1.html
    Thank you so much, manono.
    I truly appreciate this invaluable guidance and info.
    Quote Quote