VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need to download videos from Livestream.com (via Vimeo I believe). It's password protected and I have the pw and can gain access. I've tried all the chrome browser extensions, and none of them work. They usually stay greyed out when I load the video page (after I use the password in the browser).

Can someone help me figure this out? I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Try youtube-dl with --video-password command.
    Quote Quote  
  3. see next post...
    Last edited by AZSloth; 15th May 2019 at 12:22.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Actually- I tried both the command line version, and the gui version. Neither one allows for input of a password to access the video, so it errors out or does nothing at all. How do I give it the password?

Thanks guys!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by AZSloth View Post
    I have the password- but using the extensions doesn't give you a way to input it? How do I give the extension access?

I've looked at youtube-dl... isn't that only for Linux systems? I'm on Win 10.

Thank you!
    There is an executable version available for Windows. You don't need any extensions. Just use your windows command line and enter the following command in cmd: youtube-dl.exe --video-password HERECOMESPASSWORD VIDEOURL
    Quote Quote  
  6. ok, I found the -p command for password- but it's saying username is missing. When I go to the original URL in my browser, all it asks for is a password. I don't have a username, nor does it ask for one. This was a Livestream EVENT- not sure if that makes a difference in all this or not?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. OK- tried this-
    cmd: youtube-dl.exe --video-password HERECOMESPASSWORD VIDEOURL
    (obviously filled in my data)

I get an ERROR: Unable to download JSON metadata: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized .... etc etc.

I DID check and made sure I've updated to the current version- but no change in the results.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Essentially, the true addr of the video stream is not the web url. Your pwd has allowed you to view the stream which is then played in your browser after sending a token to the true addr. Hence the 'Unauthorised'

You could try commercial software such as TubeDigger or Jaksta which might monitor the stream from your browser.

Otherwise your main recourse would be to do a screen capture as the video is played back.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by hvq View Post
    Originally Posted by AZSloth View Post
    I have the password- but using the extensions doesn't give you a way to input it? How do I give the extension access?

I've looked at youtube-dl... isn't that only for Linux systems? I'm on Win 10.

Thank you!
    There is an executable version available for Windows. You don't need any extensions. Just use your windows command line and enter the following command in cmd: youtube-dl.exe --video-password HERECOMESPASSWORD VIDEOURL
    What is the likelihood that Vimeo can detect that it is being downloaded instead of simply being watched (even though I realize that by watching you are technically downloading as well).
    Quote Quote