VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Friends, Japan has a very good capture card called IODATA. This capture card signal is perfect. However, the vast majority of it does not support PAL. I saw that players can change the FC game console from NTSC to PAL. The procedure is to first look up the IC datasheet-mod pin. Then replace the PLL. But how does the resolution of the driver side change? Does anyone know?
    Steps: First find the IC of the capture card and check the datasheet
    2 Disconnect and change the level recognition definition
    3 Replace the PLL
    4 But how to mod driver resolution and frame options? Is there any friend who does electronic development?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just get a USB capture device. The ones with which I'm familiar can capture both NTSC and PAL.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Don't some consoles output PAL60?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Does IO DATA USB HQ support PAL VHS signal? I want to buy one
    Quote Quote  
  5. Modern digital video decoders use DDS (NCO) and as such they can work with different crystals (clock sources) - reference frequency for PLL (DPLL) can be generated with high accuracy (depend on NCO bitdepth - usually it is between 24 - 48 bits - so divide your clock source by 2^24 - 2^48 and you will have resolution of your clock source for PLL.).

If this is new IC based solution then i doubt if there is need to change anything on electrical level and software seem to be more important.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by 280634157 View Post
    Does IO DATA USB HQ support PAL VHS signal?
    One guy in an Amazon.com review says this:

It also has 576 support as well as SECAM, etc.
    https://www.amazon.com/DATA-connection-video-capture-GV-USB2/dp/B00428BF1Y/

So, from that I'd say the answer is "yes".

In this guide to using it with AmaRecTV, it shows PAL settings in a picture:

http://iotku.pw/gvusb2-guide/

And I'll assume you mean the GV-USB2 as I've seen no mention of an "HQ" version.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    And I'll assume you mean the GV-USB2 as I've seen no mention of an "HQ" version.
    Google found IO Data's Japanese product pages for the standard GV-USB2 product and the "HQ" version:
    http://www.iodata.jp/product/av/capture/gv-usb2/index.htm
    http://www.iodata.jp/product/av/capture/gv-usb2hq/index.htm

It is difficult to say for certain if the hardware inside the enclosure is identical, but the included capture devices look the same. The "HQ" version does include different software, a newer version of Cyberlink PowerDirector and CyberLink LabelPrint. I'm not sure if the "LightCapture" software is a different version than the one bundled with standard GV-USB2 product
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Google found IO Data's Japanese product pages for the standard GV-USB2 product and the "HQ" version:
    Yeah, you're right, so I guess there is such a thing. And they used identical pictures for them both, I think. While I have no idea what "HQ" might mean in this context (Hi-Def capture?), I would guess if the one can cap PAL sources, the other can as well.

Well, maybe not. This page on the HQ versions mentions hi-def capture, but only NTSC-type resolutions:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jism/item/4957180090030-44-49-n/

However, a number of sources confirm the USB2 version does capture PAL. For example, this thread:

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/gvusb2amarectv_problem.html

Again, if the one can do it I expect the other can also. 280634157 might write to someone and ask.
    Last edited by manono; 21st Apr 2018 at 16:25.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Look at this picture from that listing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tbc.jpg
Views:	1251
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	45293

I can't read what it says but it seems to indicate it has a line TBC.
    Quote Quote  
  10. It looks like it, but vaporeon800 says this:

The GV-USB2 sample has lots of wiggling caused by lack of TBC.
    And SameSelf says:

- The I-o Data GV-USB2 uses a Grass Valley ADC chip, hence the GV moniker
    Both from the same thread on this site:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/379847-I-O-Data-GV-USB2-NTSC-Capture-Test

It does seem to be a quality USB capture device, though.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    It looks like it, but vaporeon800 says this:

The GV-USB2 sample has lots of wiggling caused by lack of TBC.
    And SameSelf says:

- The I-o Data GV-USB2 uses a Grass Valley ADC chip, hence the GV moniker
    Both from the same thread on this site:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/379847-I-O-Data-GV-USB2-NTSC-Capture-Test

It does seem to be a quality USB capture device, though.
    Thanks for the info/link.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ubs HQ has a memory, IODATA official said that it has TBC line capabilities, and from a number of network evidence. IODATA is one of the best capture devices in the world. Its Y/C is excellent and the biggest problem is that this company never responds to any technical support issues at FB and TW. It may be a corrupt company that loves bosses and women employees. The globalization of this company is not done. There are two ways to do this. One is to buy the previous PCI product for the standard conversion (but the resolution of the software menu needs mod), and the other is to wipe the ball. Such as USB driver-free devices. By the way, I want to ask you, IODATA can support potplayer capture?
    About TBC performance, I think it may be related to A/D bit MINI DV adopts 12bit-14bit performance, and capture
    Quote Quote  
  13. Regarding TBC performance, I think it may be related to A/D bit MINI DV adopts 12bit-14bit performance, while capture card for PC has enough memory but is subject to A/D bit. I am going to buy a capture card. Chinese businessman recommended me to buy decklink capture card. I know that BGcapture seems to be 14bit and has TBC, but I don't see any evidence. If our thinking can combine DV's powerful TBC and capture, it will solve the problem completely. .I still have a question, whether the TBC performance of the blackmagic decklink product has reached the DV TBC capability. I know that many DV's A/D precision is 12bit-14bit, and blackmagic also has 14bit A/D. Has any friend come up with blackmagic TBC evidence? . It is best to compare with MINIDV.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I asked some Chinese businessmen. He recommended that I buy an Israeli obisase 720 capture. The IC has 6 lines of digital filters. I see it has a frame synchronizer function. Have friends used it? Does it have decklink excellence?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Modern digital video decoders use DDS (NCO) and as such they can work with different crystals (clock sources) - reference frequency for PLL (DPLL) can be generated with high accuracy (depend on NCO bitdepth - usually it is between 24 - 48 bits - so divide your clock source by 2^24 - 2^48 and you will have resolution of your clock source for PLL.).

If this is new IC based solution then i doubt if there is need to change anything on electrical level and software seem to be more important.
    I can buy an IODATA PCI CAPTURE CARD (XP OS) at a low price. Can you guide me? I will post all IC pins and PLL pictures
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by 280634157 View Post
    I can buy an IODATA PCI CAPTURE CARD (XP OS) at a low price. Can you guide me? I will post all IC pins and PLL pictures
    Guide on what ? As i said earlier this more software than hardware issue.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Can a video mixer perfectly convert PAL and NTSC formats? Currently I can buy roland V4 and Panasonic AVE 55 and U.S. videomix. Are these TBC fine? I see Chinese magazines saying that these devices have a 2% pass error such as VCR is 100 then after these devices is 98% then mathematics proves that if VCR and TAPE tbc error is greater than 3% is valid. I know that the error of the 4 video head device is less than 6ns. Assume that VCR AG 7750 is 6ns, then it will reach 6.12ns after passing this device? Have you ever used Panasonic AVE 55 and videomix friends and roland V4 their TBC help with VCR correction work? Also, I saw that videodata has brightness and color correctors. Can they restore tapes with only drop out to normal colors?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Can a video mixer perfectly convert PAL and NTSC formats? Currently I can buy roland V4 and Panasonic AVE 55 and U.S. videomix. Are these TBC fine? I see Chinese magazines saying that these devices have a 2% pass error such as VCR is 100 then after these devices is 98% then mathematics proves that if VCR and TAPE tbc error is greater than 3% is valid. I know that the error of the 4 video head device is less than 6ns. Assuming VCR AG 7750 is 6ns, then after this device will reach 6.12ns, then must its TBC correction ability increase by more than 3%? Have you ever used Panasonic AVE 55 and videomix friends and roland V4 their TBC help with VCR correction work? Also, I saw that videodata has brightness and color correctors. Can they restore tapes with only drop out to normal colors?
    Quote Quote  
  19. That type of TBC synchronizes multiple video inputs. It probably doesn't fix the horizontal time base problems of VHS.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That type of TBC synchronizes multiple video inputs. It probably doesn't fix the horizontal time base problems of VHS.
    Sony Panasonic Philips Toshiba's hard disk 1080DVR, what model is best? And they are very durable, I only perform VHS PAL and NTSC capture. Personal opinion According to the youtube video, many of Panasonic's early machines did not seem perfect, but sony was okay but TBC was not as good as DV. Toshiba's sharpness was well handled, but lacked durability and TBC evidence. Everyone recommended me to buy one. It is best to use 422 or 4:4:4 format
    Quote Quote  
  21. The Panasonic ES10 and ES15 were very good for line-TBC pass-through. Just be sure to disable the noise reduction filters and use the right input/output levels settings. See this post and the next:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/380285-Where-did-I-go-wrong-What-am-I-missing#post2460874

And with the high noise and low resolution of VHS (especially the color) minor issues like this aren't worth worrying about. The horizontal time base correction easily outweighs the other minor losses.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Look at this picture from that listing:

[Attachment 45293 - Click to enlarge]

What a completely fake BS image.

Anybody with even a passing understanding of what TBC does should quickly see that's not an actual before/after clip. It's been faked in images software, and doesn't look anything like a timing error. It's one of those fake images made for newbie suckers. Don't fall for it. Don't be a sucker.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Of course the image is fake. Pretty much all online advertising images are fake. The point is that it looks like they're claiming a line TBC. And I was wondering if anybody know for sure.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ截图20180423164331.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	683.9 KB
ID:	45314
    I can be sure that Panasonic's color coding system of 720 is not perfect. Because my computer is AMD 16BIT deep.youtube has evidence released by Japanese players, there is enough evidence to prove that SONY BD 1080 or HDDVD color and brightness contrast adjustment is better. According to my understanding of the TV, excellent TV signal to watch at close range, The eyes are very comfortable, because there is no jitter. And the screen feel is always ejected from the screen, 16-bit AMD graphics cards are the effect, although in 8bit LCD.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Panasonic's 720p DVR doesn't have enough brightness. I feel like this. How does Pana's 1080 DVR brightness shine? But what is the best in 1080 DVR? Is there video evidence?
    Quote Quote  
  26. SONY vs PANASONIC vs IODATA
    Last edited by 280634157; 5th May 2018 at 03:26.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Look at this picture from that listing:

[Attachment 45293 - Click to enlarge]

It's written:
    Code:
    VHS・8mmビデオをキレイなままに
    It means that it keeps the captured video "pretty" as it is.
    It doesn't say it has a TBC or something similar. To westerns it means "you got what you see", nothing else.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Pretty much all online advertising images are fake.
    Yep. Just pointing out the obvious to those that don't realize it.

Not really replying to you, just quoting.
    Quote Quote