VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OGM (DIVX) to NTSC DVD, PCM to AC3, Menus and Chapters, VIDEO_TS gen
    ================================================== =================

Tools used (substitute where appropriate):
    Decompressor.exe (part of avi2vcd … see https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t108498.html )
    TMPGEnc Plus(AVI->DVD)
    BeSweet (PCM->AC3)
    SpruceUp (DVD authoring)
    LViewPro (jpg background editing)
    dvd2one (shrink dvd size)
    Nero Burning ROM (DVD burning)

Time reference: CPU 1.333GHz, XP PRo, 512MB RAM.

OGM /DIVX to NTSC:
    00. Standard DIVX, you can skip this decompressor step. OGM needs this.
    01. Rename the target .dat or .ogm filename extension to .avi (i.e., test.dat -> test.avi).
    02. Start Decompressor.exe and select the target file (i.e., test.avi). The result filename is
    automatically generated (i.e., test_pcm.avi).
    03. Hit the decompress button (take a 10 min break). Then the status says 100%, you're done.

01. Start TMPGEnc Plus, cancel out of Wizard. MPEG Setting audio bitrate, I use 256kbit/s. If you go higher and get distortion, then you went too high.
    02. Browse/Load Video source converted .avi filename ... Audio will automatically load (same file)
    03. Select Stream Type = ES (Video+Audio) and use/Load DVD (NTSC).mcf template.
    04. Click on Setting button, select Rate control mode = 2-pass VBR(VBR) for best quality.
    04a. OR Click on Setting button, select Rate control mode = CQ (Constant Quality).
    05. Select Motion search precision = Motion estimate search (fast) and hit OK to exit.
    06. Select Output file name.
    07. Hit the Start button at the top of the page (~5.5 hrs = 2-pass VBR / ~3.5 hrs = CQ @))
    Note: I couldn't tell the difference in quality between 2-Pass and CQ, some say that 2-Pass
    is better for artifact removal. I use CQ.

PCM to AC3:
    01. Start BeSweet GUI.
    02. Select Input filename = .mp2 file format.
    03. Select Output filename = .ac3 file format (same filename as the m2v).
    04. Select Hip->Use MPA Decoder and SSRC->Downconvert Sample Rate.
    05. Select AC3Enc->AC3.
    06. Click on SSRC button in the menu to the right.
    07. Change the Sampleing rate to 48000. (DVD requires 48khz audio).
    08. Click on AC3 & OGG in the menu to the right.
    09. Change the bitrate to 256 kbit/s.
    10. Finally, click on MP2 to AC3 and BeSweet will convert the audio to AC3 (~10 mins).

Menus and Chapters, VIDEO_TS gen:
    01. Start SpruceUp DVD Authoring (or your favorite authoring software).
    02. Use File->Import to load the .m2v file. The .ac3 file will automatically attach.
    03. Use LViewPro to create a new blank 1024x768 background and paste 600x800 background
    image with offset starting top left corner 100x75. This will center the image in the view area.
    04. Click on the Backgrounds tab, use Add Media Asset to load created background images.
    05. Drag the background image to create menu1.
    06. Drag additional backgrounds to the menu list along the bottom.
    07. Click on the Buttons tab, drag buttons to menu1 and create labels for each (i.e., Play, Select
    Scenes).
    08. Select menu2's background.
    09. Click on the Movies tab, right click on File Properties to check if audio file is linked correctly.
    Hit OK.
    10. Right click on Clip Properties and define Chapters using Slider and Red Flag button. The Eye
    can be used to create chapter button images.
    11. Once all the chapters are selected (even number), hit the Make Buttons from Chapters. The
    chapters should appear in the current background.
    12. Add another button to return to the Main Menu.
    13. Link each button to an action by right-clicking and selecting a chapter or menu to go to when
    hit.
    14. When done, click on the Simulate button to test actions. I was able to squeeze 3 movies on
    one DVD-R without loss in quality!
    15. When satisfactory, click on the Export button. Select Output to = Title Set (create the DVD
    Dirs and use Nero to burn. Hit the Write button and take another break (~15 mins).

01. If the Export image exceeds 4.7 GB ... you need to shrink the disc down a bit.
    02. Start dvd2one, select Source = newly created VIDEO_TS dir, destination dir name, Copy
    Mode = Full disk, then Select the audio.
    03. Click the Start button and take another break (~0.5 mins).

01. Start Nero Burning ROM.
    02. Start a new DVD project. Rename the name of the DVD. Drag the newly created VIDEO_TS
    contents to the DVD project, insert a DVD+RW to test burn, and hit the Burn button.
    Take another break (~0.5 hrs).

01. ALL DONE! Test new DVD in PowerDVD and on standalone DVD players.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey, i was reading ur guide on converting ogm to dvd, and i need to know how do you make a filename extension for .ogm to .avi
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes same problem here, when i rename from .ogm to .avi, decompressor doesnt see it!

OGG codec is installed..

HELP!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Humm ... did you verify that the OGM codec works by playing and viewing the clip? If it doesn't play, then the clip could be corrupt or incomplete. Renaming it to avi would not make a difference since it would be an invalid format that decompressor would have a problem with.

When I was playing around with this, I played the clip first to verify that it was a valid ogm format. Then I simply renamed the file in Windows Explorer and loaded it into decompressor 1.4 and away it went.
    --Eric--
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The file plays perfectly fine, i just cant figure out why decompressor isnt seeing the renamed .avi????

But when i check the renamed avi in windows explorer, it shows as .ogg file stil, but has the .avi extension.

Someone else must have stumbled across this same problem, cant only be me!

Please help!

Quote Quote  
  6. OGM files usually have Multiple Audios and Subtitles and since DVD's support Selectable Subtitles and Multiple Audio a lot better than SVCD's how would you go about creating a DVD with multiple Audio and Selectable Subtitles instead of just a DVD with Audio and Video....?

If you add those steps your guide would be virtually perfect...overall a pretty good job.
    Check out my guide on converting .OGM format to an SVCD with Selectable Subtitles and Multiple Audio tracks.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/170944.php
    Quote Quote