Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ivan2 banned for spamming.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by mrr19121970 View Post
    Clown_BD has been able to do this as a 'one click' solution since version v0.77. I think one of the benefits over the competition is that it can create a fully complient DVD with upto 8 audio and 32 subtitle tracks.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Clown_BD
    Can you tell me if there's a guide? I tried to wing it and all I could find was ways to use tsMuxer to get output with the same resolution as the input. I didn't see anything about standard DVD output.

I just downloaded the latest version and I'm lost.

edit: on the Options page it has drop down boxes to set DVD to PAL or NTSC and lets you choose the directory where Imgburn will make an .iso file.

After tsMuxer completes it quits. The program includes mencoder so I'm assuming there's supposed to be some way to pass the video to mencoder for DVD conversion. But it sure ain't happenin'.

edit2: hang on. Looks like it creates a batch file and runs it after some hesitation. It's doin' somethin' at least.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 1st Dec 2010 at 19:31.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Without a guide I guess I'd need somebody to walk me through it the first time. I let it run all night. It used about 90% of a core when adding up the 2 threads on my dual core. The HD kept churning. After awhile it became obvious it was going to just keep doing that forever. At the end when I looked in the .ini file it had a blank for video info. When I clicked Exit in the Gui after having given up, it asked if I wanted to run the batch file. Click Yes or OK. It runs eac3to third pass for a minute. Then just sits.

I'll wait for a "how to make a standard DVD" guide before I try that again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Earlier in this thread ConvertXtoDVD was mentioned, but now by the same software editor they have released just a couple of weeks ago Blu-ray to DVD (shareware).

I submitted it to Videohelp as a tool but it does not seem to have been added yet.

Oh yeah, there is a guide there on how to use the product but I would say it is not really need; the application is very straight forward.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
    Without a guide I guess I'd need somebody to walk me through it the first time. I let it run all night. It used about 90% of a core when adding up the 2 threads on my dual core. The HD kept churning. After awhile it became obvious it was going to just keep doing that forever. At the end when I looked in the .ini file it had a blank for video info. When I clicked Exit in the Gui after having given up, it asked if I wanted to run the batch file. Click Yes or OK. It runs eac3to third pass for a minute. Then just sits.

I'll wait for a "how to make a standard DVD" guide before I try that again.
    On the 1st screen, click 'use tsMuxeR' until it changes to state #3 and the text says 'use MuxMan'.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does Blue Ray To DVD do anything different that Convertxtodvd? I'm running it now and it's much,much slower that Convertx.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've done a few runs with the latest release of AVStoDVD and didn't have any audio issues. For conversion to standard DVD9 using QuEnc cbr is very fast. For DVD5 it should be comparable to BD Rebuilder as they both use HC encoder 2 pass. With AVStoDVD you can input .m2ts or .mkv file. BD Rebuilder insists on a BluRay disc structure(which is only a matter of a couple minutes with tsMuxer) but AVStoDVD has that convenience.

Just thought I'd mention it since I complained about my AVStoDVD frustrations earlier.
    Nice to be able to use it again with confidence. I switched from using Spline16Resize to size down to BilinearResize. No problems as of yet.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by mrr19121970 View Post

On the 1st screen, click 'use tsMuxeR' until it changes to state #3 and the text says 'use MuxMan'.

Thank you. I got that far through trial and error. Seems like any tool I try that uses Mencoder for the encoding the converted streams are way undersized. I must have some configuration setting wrong. Probably nothing to do with Clown_BD itself.

Latest thing I'm looking for is sort of a successor to FitCD. A tool that would do the source analysis, and you tell it what you want for output, and it generates an .avs script without doing anything else. Then just use the .avs with the encoders you prefer. I've been using MuxMan manually to fix messed up subtitles so I'm thinking it might be worth a try to just get the video audio and sub streams and mux them by hand. I don't care about menus so simple authoring is fine. Just would be nice to have an automatic .avs script generator.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I've been playing around with BD-RB to create standard DVDs from source BDs. It seems to work just fine. You can specify whether you want the output sized for single or dual layer media. I direct the output of BD-RB to hard disc and then burn with imgburn, but I believe you can tell BD-RB to just burn straight out using imgburn also. It is the "alternate movie-only output" option that can create a standard dvd in BD-RB. I do not believe there is any way to create DVD menus, however.

btw . . . info:
    BD-RB can provide multiple audio tracks when outputting to DVD, but cannot handle subtitles. jdobbs is exploring ways to handle subtitles in BD-RB.
    DVDFab can handle a subtitle, but not multiple audio tracks. Fengtao is supposedly working on multiple audio tracks.
    Last edited by Rich86; 6th Mar 2011 at 12:11.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @wulf109 Blu-ray to DVD pre selects the main movie file for you and or bonus', which can be nice help depending on the movie you are working with. With ConvertXtoDVD you need to know which file is the main movie file to add to the interface. Besides the interface being different and the profiles (the encoder settings) there is not much difference between the two products. ConvertXtoDVD handles more files, and Blu-ray to DVD only supports the input of Blu-ray files.

The difference in settings selected is responsible for the difference in speed you are noticing.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    I've been playing around with BD-RB to create standard DVDs from source BDs. It seems to work just fine. You can specify whether you want the output sized for single or dual layer media. I direct the output of BD-RB to hard disc and then burn with imgburn, but I believe you can tell BD-RB to just burn straight out using imgburn also. It is the "alternate movie-only output" option that can create a standard dvd in BD-RB. I do not believe there is any way to create DVD menus, however.

btw . . . info:
    BD-RB can provide multiple audio tracks when outputting to DVD, but cannot handle subtitles. jdobbs is exploring ways to handle subtitles in BD-RB.
    So far the only tool I know that lets you extract PGS subs is mkvextract using either command line or MkvExtractGui-2. Since BDRB insists on BluRay disc structure as input I don't know how he's going to get around it. At present I'm handling this situation by extracting the main movie as .mkv with MakeMKV so that I can get the subs. I use BDSup2Sub to reset the subtitle res to 720x480 and export as idx/sub. Then I can use the BDRB avs filter with VobSub() to burn them into the DVD video. Not automatic but it's not difficult once you do a couple.
    Quote Quote