VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I shrunk one of my dvd's and was wondering if I could watch it completely without having to burn it. I was thinking I could use nero to make an image of the dvd, and then mount it on the image drive and watch it but I couldn't figure out how to create an image of it? Any Help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just open those shrink files with your dvd viewing program. It should let you choose them on the HD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use Power DVD to play a film from the VIDEO_TS folder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Nero burn to the 'Image Drive (DVD)' from the recorder selection. This will burn an ISO DVD onto your HDD. Then delete the original DVDShrink output files (you will no longer need them).

Or from DVDShrink (latest version) select Nero Image drive as the burner

Or just open the files with WinDVD (or similar) with the 'from file (for mpeg/mpeg2' or 'play DVD from folder' option.

Or just rip the main movie to the HDD with SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter and then as above.

What is it you want to do....exactly?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just open up up the vob files in windows media player. Usually it's the first vob in the the folder. What dvd shrink creates is basically a playable image of the disc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by j-a-w
    Just open up up the vob files in windows media player. Usually it's the first vob in the the folder. What dvd shrink creates is basically a playable image of the disc.
    Actually, WMP is a bad choice for playing VOB files. They just don't display properly (you'll think something's wrong with your VOBs).

Use this:

C:\WINNT\system32\dvdplay.exe
    Quote Quote