VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone have this TV? Overall it isn't bad - the picture quality is good and the built in DVD player hasn't given me any problems. However, I cant program any remote with this thing to control both the cable box and the TV!

This TV refuses to respond to codes given in manuals.... I saw someone on the internet suggesting to try the Samsung codes, and they don't work either.

This TV has very poor sound levels when watching DVDs and most TV programming. I always have to watch it with sound turned all the way up. I have no problems with my hearing, and I watch other TVs in the house with volume at only about 25%.

Returning this TV is not an option. If anyone know anything about the remote codes or the sound, please let me know.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, yes. I have this tv, and not only that, but I have the very same low sound problem. Whenever I turn the air conditioning unit on, the tv sound - at its highest volume (low) - is drowned out and indecipherable. So, it's either the family watches television while suffering with heat stroke, or only one person can watch (with a set of wireless headphones), as the rest of the family sits back, comfortably cool, reading lips.

I'm at a loss, but we're continuing to search out amplifiers and other options.

Please let me know if you discover any solutions to what audibly ails us.

L
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try a universal programmable remote. I recommend the Logitech Harmony remotes, but there are several other brands.

For sound, just output your sound to a stereo/AVR/surround sound system.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote