VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying a different style of graphics for a video I am making where I essentially have made a large image (actual resolution is 25,522px x 30888 px) and the whole video consists of panning to different parts of that image, while zoomed in to 1920x1080.

Anyhow, with kdenlive (my main go-to), as soon as I apply the transform effect to the image, it crashes.
    Adobe Premiere Elements 12 doesn't accept an image that size
    Davinci Resolve just shows the image as a black box.

Any thoughts on what I should do to make this style of video? All I need to do is drag the image around and drop some keyframes in, could it really be that bad?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe as a workaround you can "divide and conquer" ?

Split it up in to smaller images, each in it's own project or composition, then combine the panning animation from the separate compositions so it's seamless
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    AfterEffects

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    AfterEffects

Scott
    The 30888 is too large for AE

After Effects supports a maximum image size of 30,000x30,000 pixels for importing and rendering files. The size of image that you can import or export is influenced by the amount of physical RAM available to After Effects. The maximum composition dimensions are also 30,000x30,000 pixels.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/after-effects/using/preparing-importing-still-images.html

Or maybe crop a few pixels off , or resize slightly smaller
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Maybe as a workaround you can "divide and conquer" ?

Split it up in to smaller images, each in it's own project or composition, then combine the panning animation from the separate compositions so it's seamless
    I had thought of cutting and splicing, and thought it would be terrible, but I ended up doing that. My graphics software (Affinity Designer) allows me to make custom slices and export them, so I just made sure they overlapped and then edited it together in Kdenlive. Exporting as we speak!
    Quote Quote