VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

Let's say I got a folder within multiple video files, mp4s. How to quickly know total duration (play time) of them?
    I know on PC, you can use PotPlayer's playlist , drag them onto it and it shows total duration (in case you dont know it :P )

but Mac....

Please advice, Thanks in advance.

[Attachment 66259 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Actually, you should be able to simply rename your root folder (or create a new one and move you files into it) in Finder, then go to Detailed List view, and if Duration isn't listed, go to preferences and enable it. Then all your movies will show duration automatically.
    Similar features exist in Windows.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Actually, you should be able to simply rename your root folder (or create a new one and move you files into it) in Finder, then go to Detailed List view, and if Duration isn't listed, go to preferences and enable it. Then all your movies will show duration automatically.
    Similar features exist in Windows.

Scott
    Thanks Scott,
    but I am afraid I am not the case. Could you please upload a screenshot showing it?
    I couldn't find any "Duration" from the detail listed column of finder.

My MacOS is 12.5 Monterey.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    select the files while holding cmd button, right click for option "new folder with items" files will be placed in folder ready to rename, you can do "Get info" for this folder, and later drag files out of the folder, and delete empty folder….
    Quote Quote