VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I've created a video , however, I said something inappropriate in the video so I decided to remove all voice from the video, making it a silent video.

I cannot retake the video again, how can I remove all the voice in a video. It's in mp4 format
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you want to remove the audio track?

Open the file in avidemux. At the top select "audio" and deselect the track.

File/save (give it a name plus the extension, for example newfile.mp4)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've edited hundreds of videos that contained swearing, etc. To fix these you can use a video editor (NLE) and simply mute the audio track when you want to get rid of the audio.

However, if you want to be more professional, you can replace the offending audio with audio which appears in another part of the video. If you can find some sections of the audio which are simply background noise, you can use that to replace the audio. If you feather the in/out points, the viewer won't even notice the missing audio.

Another trick is to select the offending audio and then reverse it so it plays backwards.

There are dozens of other ways to fix the audio, some of which can produce pretty amazing results. Here is an example of some of that magic. I was given all the game films from a football team's championship season and asked to produce a highlights music video. Most of the music they asked me to use contained lyrics that could not be played at the school during the year-end awards ceremony. I've queued up the following clip to begin playing when the chorus starts. During that chorus, the words which repeat are "when will you n**** learn." Note that I was able to seemingly get the music to continue, but the words are completely muddled and are no longer offensive.

Bad Lyrics Music Video (Fixed)

There are a lot of other filthy words in this video, and I removed them as well. If you click on the following you can compare the lyrics with what you hear:

Can't Be Touched (lyrics)

BTW, this is not my channel and I did not upload it, so I was not responsible for the lousy, fuzzy video encoding. It is, however, my editing.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 5th Jun 2017 at 02:33. Reason: Added last paragraph
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    you want to remove the audio track?

Open the file in avidemux. At the top select "audio" and deselect the track.

File/save (give it a name plus the extension, for example newfile.mp4)

it works!! very great !!

In addition, is there any way I can modify the voice ? That means to make the voice in the video like another person or robot
    Quote Quote  
  5. Also, IIRC,

ffmpeg -i "originalvideo.mp4" -c:v copy -an "videowithoutaudio.mp4"

-c:v copy = copy the video, do no re encode, etc..
    -an = kill the audio, do not copy

The resulting MP4 will have only a video stream, no audio stream. However, Ive seen players have problems with videos with such formatting.

HTH,
    Andrew
    Quote Quote  
  6. [QUOTE=kenny1999;2487739]
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    In addition, is there any way I can modify the voice ? That means to make the voice in the video like another person or robot
    Download Audacity, look for a FLANGER filter, play.. have fun.

Andrew
    Quote Quote