VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm planning on converting some DV-avi files to H264. I've been successful in using Avisynth+ to deinterlace with QTGMC and resize at a frame rate 60fps and converting to H264 with Virtualdub2. However, when I added a denoise filter to the Avisynth+ script, the file fails to open/preview or play correctly in Virtualdub2. The video either fails to open, or skips/jumps during play back/encoding, or I get an error, something like out of memory. I'm just learning Avisynth+ so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's not possible with Virtualdub2. I also tried the same script with FFMPEG, and was able to convert it. I'm currently using the defaults on Virtualdub2. See the avs script below. Any suggestions?

FFMPEGSource2("C:\Users\Documents\DV import videos\scene1.avi", atrack=1)
    ConvertToYV12()
    AssumeBFF()
    QTGMC(Preset="Slower", edithreads=1)
    TemporalDegrain2()
    BilinearResize(720,540)
    Prefetch(6)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First, make sure it is simply compatible.

Make a plain script that just says:
    Code:
    Version()
    And see if the Vdub2 works with it.
    If not, it isn't compatible in its current setup.
    If it works, start adding merely a source, and make sure the syntax is set to output its source.
    Check it again.

Add from there.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Using two motion compensated filters like that will probably be too slow to get a smooth, full speed playback when previewing the script in VirtualDub. As for encoding:

ffmpeg2source may be screwing up when frames are requested out of order. Remove the prefetch. Does that help? Set seekmode to zero. Any better? If the video is variable frame rate use the fpsnum and fpsden options to force the output to constant frame rate. Try using AviSource() or LWlibavVideoSource() instead of ffmpegsource2().
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried a few suggested changes, but still having problems with preview and encoding. Would any changes to Virtualdub2 defaults help?
    Quote Quote  
  5. What is the frame size of your source video? Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit AviSynth+? If 64 bit you may simply have some incompatible versions of the support filters.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The source video is NTSC DV (720x480, 29.97fps). I have both 32 bit and 64 bit AviSynth+ installed (3.7.0). I opened Version() with both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Virtualdub2 and it opens the correct version of AviSynth+. I'll double check the filter setup and avs script and make sure the plugins are installed. Also, I don't know if needed, but it looks like I'm missing SetFilterMTMode ("QTGMC", 2) in the script.

Update: I check the filters and plugins. I tried 32 bit and 64 bit Virtualdub2. I'm having issues with mutli-thread script in 32bit, but can get output with MT mode in 64bit with this script (see below). I was missing the SetFilterMTmode in the original script, but had prefetch command. Does MT mode work with 32 bit?

SetFilterMTMode("QTGMC",2)
    FFMPEGSource2("C:\Users\Documents\DV import videos\scene1.avi", atrack=1)
    ConvertToYV12()
    AssumeBFF()
    QTGMC(Preset="Slower", edithreads=1)
    TemporalDegrain2()
    BilinearResize(720,540)
    Prefetch(6)
    Last edited by stymie; 5th Feb 2021 at 16:26.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Try downloading the AVSI file from here:

https://publishwith.me/ep/pad/view/ro.rDkwcdWn4k9/latest

and putting it in your plugins folders.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yep. I just saw that and gave it a try. I think there may just be a limitation with MTmode on 32 bit Virtualdub2. Since 64 bit seems to be working, I'll stick with it.
    Quote Quote