VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Help!
    Recently occured a weird error named "Floating point division by zero error"
    And I tried entire versions of subtitle workshop from 2.5 till the last 6.0b one!
    What is happening ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. How about some hints? Is it a particular subtitle file that's giving you that problem? Some particular operation?

Divide by zero is a common problem in computing -- you can't divide by zero, the result is infinity or not-a-number. Programs should check for that error and do something sensible rather than crash.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the response.
    I've been using same 2.5 version for decades. Never happened something like that.
    Same type of movies, same laptop, same same...

Do you mean that was my laptop CPU or system failure?
    Or ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's a bug in the program. It doesn't matter that you've used it for decades. It doesn't matter that it's never happened before. What matters is what you're doing now that's different. You need to be explicit about when the problem happens, exactly what you are doing when it happens. That gives hints about what the problem is. You didn't even answer the questions I asked. Try moving "Subtitle Workshop.INI" to another folder before starting the program. If it's a particular SRT file that causes the problem try editing it with NotePad to see if there are any obvious problems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok. Sorry i didn't write where and when!
    When i opened workshop 2.51 with SRT subtitle.
    Then try to open movie. And then occurs that error.
    Uploaded in link below

https://files.videohelp.com/u/305654/subtitleworkshop%20error.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try opening a different video. Does the program still crash?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yep, problem continues. Aldo when i try to install workshop 6.2.1. Comes out another problem! ; Error opening file for writing!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	subtitle workshop 6_0 error.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	70494  

Quote Quote  
  8. Reboot just before re-installing.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thank you for the support but still doesnt work, cant load movie into program, can not open movie in program, giving same error. But new generation version subtitle 7 SW works. But i cant use it easily! For example i couldnt find where to set starting time and finising time for subtitles.(sw 2.51 version=ctrl+B)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Can't you just set the Show and Hide times at the bottom of the window?
    Quote Quote