VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by kimmyk View Post
    Hey there,

I'm wondering if there's a good way to have an object follow a path like in Flash (at least the old Flash, not sure about now).

I want to have an image in the background and only mask a portion of it like a mystery sort of thing.

A path like random zigzag with a round (or anything) see-through mask that moves around the screen showing a portion of the image.

Is that even possible?

Thanks Wizzards.

Not in the way you're probably thinking , or in the way it's done in other programs with splines.

But if you describe what you want to do more clearly, in terms of what is the "object" and what is the path or pattern over time for the reveal - a possible workaround is the tracking line custom object used as the animated mask.

You can also use other programs for the animated mask generation, imported into aviutl. For example, you can screen capture YOU drawing out the path in a painting application or image editor (it would be white on black ) and use that as the mask reveal composite in aviutl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Cool idea PDR...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zigzag.gif
Views:	194
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	41010  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything can be synthesis within Utl:
    1. Add the base image/video
    2. Add a custom object::Line(Motion Track)
    3. Add midpoints to the Line Object
    4. Adjust the path and width of Line object
    5. Copy this Line object to a scene (scene 1 in the attached demo file)
    6. Back to root scene, disable the Line object
    7. Add Mask effect to base image
    8. Select Scene> scene 1 for the mask image
    9. Adjust the mask size (set to 1280 in demo file)

Click image for larger version

Name:	utl_mask_demo.gif
Views:	245
Size:	491.5 KB
ID:	41011

About the demo file...
    Use 7zip to decompress to somewhere, then use Utl to open the aup file. if you cannot see the base image, just load any image you have instead

P.S. the GIF preview here seems screwed...
    Image Attached Files
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks you three.
    I'll have to dig into that, never used the motion trace feature.

It's for some sort of "searchlight" that shows portions of a product to add mystery, so people have to click a link in the ad to see it all.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by kimmyk View Post
    Thanks you three.
    I'll have to dig into that, never used the motion trace feature.

It's for some sort of "searchlight" that shows portions of a product to add mystery, so people have to click a link in the ad to see it all.
    The principle from my post also applies to search light. Just replace the Line object with a typical circle.
    Add midpoints to the circle object, set X/Y to something other than "No change" and tweak its path
    Stopping development until someone save me from poverty or get me out of Hong Kong...
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I made this mask in Krita (screen captured), it has lot's of custom brushes and runs in Linux. It makes for a cool effect..

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Wow, great!
    (わーい~すっごい!)
    Last edited by MaverickTse; 24th Mar 2017 at 01:44.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    I made this mask in Krita (screen captured), it has lot's of custom brushes and runs in Linux. It makes for a cool effect..

That's pretty cool.

Another question, I just got this error/from my AVG:
    Win32:Malware-gen
    ....\ivs\Filters\H264DecoderPXT.dll
    C:\AviUtlPack\aviutl.exe

Is this a false positive, or something else i need to worry about?
    Quote Quote  
  9. [QUOTE=kimmyk;2484055]
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post

Another question, I just got this error/from my AVG:
    Win32:Malware-gen
    ....\ivs\Filters\H264DecoderPXT.dll
    C:\AviUtlPack\aviutl.exe

Is this a false positive, or something else i need to worry about?
    H264DecoderPXT.dll is not part of AviUtl pack so I can't tell.
    aviutl.exe, if you are getting it from VideoHelp or using the installer, it should be fine. FYI, the MD5 for the English UI exe on 64bit Windows should be:
    Code:
    a0 25 e0 44 53 98 4b b4 3c 39 b4 d6 1d 8e 78 67
    you can verify the MD5 with the command:
    Code:
    PS C:\AviUtlPack> certutil -hashfile aviutl.exe MD5
    I'd suggest using NOD32, Sophos or Karpersky instead of the free one. Personally I use NOD32 as it rarely give false positive (and quite cheap for the AV-only package). Some AV would complain whenever it encounters a Fast Fourier Transform function... sucks.
    Last edited by MaverickTse; 24th Apr 2017 at 18:51.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    AviUtl and some plug ins?
    Quote Quote  
  11. could someone here do a video on how to blur subtitles using that Imas Uncaption
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Note that there is a link in that article pointing to my old blog, which is now deleted.

Parts of my old blog were archived by The WayBackMachine, but don't expect everything was still available.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  13. Last Attempt To Make an English Documentation:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1093576740/comprehensive-english-documentation-for-aviutl

Since I took a painful lesson with publishing, this time I will only write with true support gained in advance.
    If this fails, any further request to ask me to write a doc or support for AviUtl will be deem as irresponsible/exploitative and will simply be blocked.
    Twitter @MaverickTse
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by MaverickTse View Post
    Last Attempt To Make an English Documentation:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1093576740/comprehensive-english-documentation-for-aviutl

Since I took a painful lesson with publishing, this time I will only write with true support gained in advance.
    If this fails, any further request to ask me to write a doc or support for AviUtl will be deem as irresponsible/exploitative and will simply be blocked.
    Dear. I would be glad to make a small contribution to this wonderful topic, but at Kickstarter I can not find something like the button "donate". Very much expect you to see the Guide to Aviutl + new releases extrapacks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hello! Could someone do a video on how to remove a transparent logo in AviUtl? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi! I need some help with something. I'm working on a 4 minute animation that's basically in HD, right?
    Well, whenever I work on it, the preview for it lags. . a lot. It's so hard for me to work on the animation because of the lag. It makes it hard for me
    to set the timing right for different frames. Is there anything I can do to reduce the lag? Thank you so much in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by emgy805 View Post
    Hi! I need some help with something. I'm working on a 4 minute animation that's basically in HD, right?
    Well, whenever I work on it, the preview for it lags. . a lot. It's so hard for me to work on the animation because of the lag. It makes it hard for me
    to set the timing right for different frames. Is there anything I can do to reduce the lag? Thank you so much in advance!

Sadly, not really, except faster hardware

It's older software, and x86 . So lots of memory issues

There is a "frames to cache" setting in the system settings you can increase. But it doesn't have advanced cache management or ram previews that other programs have for realtime playback

Divide and conquer. Don't try to do the 4 minute composition all in project or scene. Break it up into scenes and composite it. It's rare that you would have a 4 minute uncut 1 scene or "continuous take" , even in a pure animation sequence

You can do some minor things: eg. if your assets are heavy to decode , try to make them easier to decode (e.g. replace with I-frame formats) . If the lag was from decoding many layers, this should help a bit

But if the "slowness" is from the effects there is not much you can do except to render out some elements and bring them back in, so it doesn't have to render the effects on the fly
    Quote Quote