VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is it possible to add data files when burning a VCD? I want to add a directory containing JPEG files.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Yes ... but why?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi all,

Tinmancp- Ehm, how about some covers for your VCD, or an autorun file which starts a windows VCD player

Ember- Yes, it's possible. In most of the burn/vcd programs (Nero/CeQuadrat/VideoPak) you can see the first track (data track) of the VCD-to-be. On Nero it on the top left. Here are the standard vcd folders which contain the files which actually make it a vcd.
    On most of these programs you can just drag and drop files/dirs to this place and they will be added to the first/data track of you vcd.

Greetz,

pSyChO dAd
    The difference between genius and insanity is only measured by success !
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I'd been wondering if you put something that would do autorun and you could just put a copy of media player on your VCD and have it start up with one of your .dat files when you put the CD in your drive or something. That'd be pretty cool. Or some kind of enhanced VCD like when audio CDs have music videos with menus. Couldn't you do all that stuff by just putting some autorun.exe or whatever right on the CD?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yo,

Chopper Face. Yes you actually can. Just drag as many or any kind of files into the track 1/file window, and it gets burned as normal cd-rom readable data. If you can create a menu yourself in somekind of standalone Autorun-exe file, you can make the menu start upon inserting in a windows machine

Greetz,

PsYcHo DaD
    The difference between genius and insanity is only measured by success !
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks guys I been trying to add data files using vcdImage.exe. Very tedious..and I couldn't work out how to add directories. Then I installed WinOnCD3.8 and used the VideoCD2.0 template. I can drag anything into the ISO track and put the MPG into the VCD track.
    I had some problems with my recorder giving buffer underruns (the recorder works fine when burning just Data) but I copied to image file as ISO data and used a friend's pc and burner...
    I now have a cd with photslide show that autoruns in a cd-rom, (using vcd_play.exe media player) - has a directory with all the JPGS used - and runs on my DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It is actually pretty easy to add files using VCDImager. It is a simple matter of using the <file> and <folder> tags.

Remember, when you add files onto the VCD, you have a limited set of characters for filenames. Furthermore, you are constrained by the 8+3 filename lengths.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote