VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I ripped the movie Jimmy Neutron using Smartripper. Then I imported the M2V file into Spruceup. When I simulate it has no sound. I used a guide from this site and it said that I should rename my AC3 & M2V files to be the same. So when I rename the M2V file to Jimmy, it changes it from a M2V to just a file. So when I try to import it into Spruce it cant find it because it changed to just file. So I renamed them Jimmy.M2V & Jimmy.AC3. When I do this Spruce recognizes the file and imports it but it doesnt import the audio file along with it. Is there any way to import it myself? Any help sure is appreciated.

Thanks Boxingjunkie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try renaming the file extension of your audio file to '.mpa'

both files must have the same name (As you mention)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You import the following file into the Spruceup MEDIA ASSETS area:
    MYFILM.M2V

Spruceup automatically imports (from the SAME directory):
    MYFILM.AC3
    or
    MYFILM.MPA

Don't know what will happen if both of the above audio files are in the same directory (probably total protonic reversal).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Still no luck. I changed the audio file to Jimmy.mpa and it still didnt import it. Any more suggestions? Im just not having much luck here.

Thanks Boxingjunkie
    Quote Quote  
  5. i use spruceup dvd for all my dvds like they say rename the files

eg
    spruceup.ac3
    spruceup.m2v
    dont forget to put the file extensions on the end!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You video is already imported. Once you change the name of the audio file, re-import the video (takes only about a second this time). Spruceup will now see your audio file and import this also.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I got it this time. I changed both file names to just Jimmy. When I would change the M2V file to Jimmy it would change the file extension name from a M2V file to just file. So when I went to import it into Spruce it wanted and M2V file. I just clicked on all files hit Jimmy and it imported both of them this time. Thanks for all the help. Im on my way now.

Thanks Boxingjunkie
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At least you are on you way to the NEXT major hurdle!
    Quote Quote  
  9. lol [At least you are on you way to the NEXT major hurdle!] yep u got it there have fun keep ripping!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]
    Quote Quote