VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Sorry if I'm posting this in an unrelated forum. But I wrote about my problem in the subtitles forum a few days ago, and didn't get more than one reply. I'm really desperate and need urgent help. Here is what I posted before.

"I have been having so much trouble with an issue regarding Russian subtitles, for about a week now. I am trying to embed Russian subtitles into a video using DivxLand Media Subtitler. I did everything which they mentioned on their forum herehttp://www.divxland.org/dms_charsets.php. In the regional language options, I changed everything to Russian (even though it didn't say so). And I changed all the font options in Media Subtitler, to Cyrillic. But the program is just hell bent on keeping the font to Western. It just doesn't let me change the style to Cyrillic. I even tried other programs, but the Russian subtitles always appear like broken characters. I have been reading a lot about this issue. And have been trying a lot of different things with programs and Regional Language Options.

This morning, when I was just about to give up, I noticed something in the Regional Language Options.

Please take a look:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	95940_untitled_122_71lo.JPG
Views:	1193
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	6590

I read on a website that I was supposed to install the 1251 ANSI Cyrillic code for Russian. That code system is already checked in the picture. But notice that it appears to be turned off. If I try to check or un-check it, nothing happens at all. But the other code systems above 1250, appear to be all active. And I can check and uncheck them all.

Do you think that this could be the reason why my programs do not show proper Russian characters? If so, then how can I activate the 1251 code? Right now, I can't check or uncheck it. Is there a way to remove it completely and then re-install it from start? Please reply.

Thanks in advance.
    Best Regards."

2. Possible explanation is saving your subtitles in UTF-8. Here is an example: Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-25_121142.png
Views:	293
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	6591Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-25_121207.png
Views:	306
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	6592
    Just change the app used for creating subs.