VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was burning the 1st half a an Mpeg movie w/ VCDeasy and everything goes fine..... towards the end when it said something like 280 mb of 450 mb or someithng like that, it stopped and said....

ERROR: Wrie data failed
    ERROR: Writing failed - buffer under run?
    ERROR: Sumulation failed.

What does this mean? This is my 1st time trying to burna VCD so I would appreciate some help.

I followed these steps ..
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/divxtovcd.htm#audio

EDIT: Even tho it failed..... It DID create an Xml file, a cue file, and a Bin file correctly........ So I burned the cue file w/ Nero and it worked! But I still would like an answer to my earlier question because it wasted one of my cd's.... or is there a way to create those files w/ out burning in VCDeasy?

Thanks for any help
    Quote Quote  
  2. You got a buffer underrun... Were you doing something on your PC at the same time as the burn?

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by vitualis
    You got a buffer underrun... Were you doing something on your PC at the same time as the burn?

Regards.
    I closed everything except 1 internet explorer and was browsing the internet. Was I not supposed to be doing that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If your drive doesn't have something like "Smart-Burn" or similar technology, you are well advised to leave your PC alone when you are burning a disc.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  5. I could try again but I might waste another CD..... what do you think is easier... just using VCDeasy for burning? Or making the cue file w/ VCDeasy and then just burning it w/ Nero?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would suggest burning the bin/cue in Nero since you have it and you see this problem. cdrdao is a UNIX program ported to Windows, as such it does not protect itself from Windows like most current native Windows burning tools do. When you use the machine, some things (like Windows Explorer and open/save dialog boxes) can make Windows decide to just read every disk it can find, including a CD in the middle of being burned. That interferes with the burn, cdrdao fails, and you get a coaster.
    Quote Quote