VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to use the histogram in V Dub 1.9.11 during capture with my GV-USB2 but the V Dub "Levels" function is inoperative with the message "No video levels controls are available with this capture driver".

That doesn't appear to be correct because Video>Capture Filter reveals the Proc Amp on a tab. The problem is, I can't use it live, because opening that tab freezes the incoming video signal. Setting the proc amp controls then becomes a bit convoluted because I have to go out of the proc amp screen to view the live video.

Is there a way of getting "live" proc amp controls with the GV-USB2? I'd be happy to use different capture software is that would mean I'd get access to the live Proc amp.

Thanks! Al
    Last edited by Alwyn; 6th Oct 2020 at 23:43. Reason: Spelling.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Leave the preview running in VirtualDub. Open GraphStudio and make a graph with just the Crossbar filter (or maybe capture filter, whichever has the proc amp). Right clip on the crossbar filter and select Properties. Go to the Proc Amp tab. You usually will have a live preview in VirtualDub as you adjust the proc amp.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Terrific Jagabo, that works! I used the capture filter itself. I did have a look at Graphstudio earlier (and Graphedit) but my head started spinning.

Easy now, when you know how. Thanks a lot.

Cheers, Al
    Quote Quote