VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using Pinnacle/Dazzle for some time now, and it's worked great. A couple weeks ago, the video -- while it plays back perfectly in camera -- is no longer smooth and seems to jumping from frame to frame on screen during the upload from my Sony Handycam HDR-CX405. Even during this process, the video on the camera's view screen is playing fine. But as it's uploading, it's very jumpy, and the uploaded video retains this problematic feature. I do investigative work, and the end result is problematic. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. It could have the wrong field order. Can you make available 10 seconds or so? Directly from the source (not reencoded) that shows the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This should be raw video.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And thanks, Manono!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I see nothing wrong with it. It plays smoothly in Media Player Classic Home Cinema.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I apologize. I read your request "from the source" and thought you meant camera source. Sample attached.

Jumpy-upload-demo.avi
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by darinfl1 View Post
    I apologize.
    Nah, my fault. I meant the jumpy one but without it being reencoded or changed in any way. We often get people thinking some YouTube version is good enough. And I wasn't clear about it.

Yep, it's jumpy alright. And the field order is reversed (it's top field first, where it's read as bottom field first). But that's the least of your problems. There are a ton of duplicate frames and a ton of missing frames, as if the hard drive couldn't keep up as it was being transferred.

I'd suggest you repeat the transfer, making sure the computer is doing nothing else (no anti-virus or anything else that might use the computer resources. But really, I have no idea what's causing it and maybe someone else will come along that knows more about this sort of thing.
    Quote Quote  
  8. While some claim it is snake oil I also defrag my hard drive using both the onboard defrager and Contig. When I had glitches on recordings on my satellite receiver defragging helped.
    Quote Quote